+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Has anyone had experience w/Dr. Daniel Snyder from Newton-Wellsley MA?  (Read 4250 times)

lincolnmc

Hi I had 2 folks tell me quite positive things in the yahoo group.  I am looking for as much info/history as I can get.  It seems he has done at least 95 by Aug of 07, I would like to here if his total had increased and any personal experiences good or bad.  I have an initial appt April 2nd
Thanks Mick

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Hi

There are many people very happy with Dr. Snyder and a few who were not. I never know if people who post on the Yahoo Group are real and if they are telling the truth.  There have been several unhappy posters and unless you can talk them them personally by phone, I would not be willing to repeat what they have said or even know whether to believe it or not.

It seems the problems have been loose acetabular cups - but again I have no way of knowing if the stories are true.  One person required a second surgery to place the cup again - supposedly. That person says they are quite happy with the doctor.

I always tell people to use the really experienced hip resurfacing surgeons.  There is a steep learning curve and most of the problems happen in the first 100 - 200 resurfacings.  So the best way to stay clear of any problem, is to choose a really experienced surgeon.

The typical revision rate is now 4% from the current BHR stats since the US doctor are doing hip resurfacing.  If you don't want to be the 4 out of 100 with problems, the best way to to use a really experienced surgeon.  If you talk with several hip resurfacing surgeons, your gut feelings will tell you what to do.

I would ask any doctor I was going to how many problems he/she has had.  I have a list of questions.  http://www.surfacehippy.info/questionsfordoctor.phpTHose need to include how many loose acetabular cups have you had - did they require a second surgery or a revision to a thr?  An unoffical count from the Yahoo Surface Hippy Group and my group is about 12 loose cups at this point.  That is just keeping track of the posts by people about the hip resurfacing stories - you never know if they are true or not.

Most doctors will answer these questions and be honest. That's the best advice I can give you.  Ask the questions and see if you feel you are getting honest answers.

Pat
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:01:49 AM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

lincolnmc

Thank you, for the information, I should probably schedule an appt. with Dr. Su also.
appreciate your help, Mick O'Gara

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Hi

I know there are a lot of happy Dr. Su patients. He has taken time to write a short interveiw for the website  http://www.surfacehippy.info/doctorinterviews/suinterview.php

I think it is always best to talk to at least a couple doctors before making a decision.  This is major surgery and you only have two hips.  YOu want the very best outcome that is possible.

When you are going to buy a car you usually shop around as well as buying a house - this is far more important.  You need those hips to walk properly and have a good active life.

You can always do a search on the Yahoo Discussion Group about Dr. Snyder. Unfortunatley, the search function is a little difficult and slow. That is one reason I started this website - to have well indexed information available to people.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Rolls

• RBHR 1/31/2007 Snyder, LBHR 10/25/2011 Marchand
I had BHR surgery with him back in 07.  Thought he was going to be great, but I was not happy with his outcome.  He left some of the details of the surgery for me to find out about and struggle through my rehab.  Said there was a 3% failure rate with his procedure, and by golly, I was one of those.  I have made the most of it though, and have plugged on, trying to get more physical as time goes by.  I can now run about twice a week with little pain.  Who is going to do my left hip, that is the real question??
RBHR 2007 Snyder NWH,Boston not considered a success.  Still pain 5 yrs post surgery.  Snyder did Ganz procedure. LBHR 2011 Marchand SCH,RI is doing excellent, Marchand did it like it is supposed to be done.

Hipguy

Hello i have some questions. Can you contact me please. I have had onw hip done thus far. Thanj you.

Recent Posts

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:16:11 AM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear