+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: pop sound in hip  (Read 1494 times)

bri

pop sound in hip
« on: March 26, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »
About 3 months post op.Took a sharp turn and heard a pop noise in my hip. Can feel some minor pain in the hip since it happened about three days ago. Able to walk a long way without any major pain. Just wondering if my cup could have come loose or anything else?

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
Re: pop sound in hip
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 02:17:11 PM »
I would seriously doubt you could have dislodged the cup.  It is pounded into place and the bone should have started to grow into the back of it.

It is likely that that pop that you heard was the cap popping back in against the cup.  At three months the muscles in the hip capsule are not healed and strong enough to hold the hip together tightly.  The other possibility is a muscle catching and releasing over the implant.

The minor pain is normal.  I would say if you can walk without pain you are fine.  But monitor it for a few weeks to see if you have any symptoms worsen or new symptoms appear.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »
I'd go with Dan on this, could be muscle, tendon, even scar tissue. If you get concerned, call the surgeon and let them know how you're feeling. The cup coming loose would be major pain I would think.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

midiowa

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 10:51:02 PM »
just done my 6 week po, had pop once while, dan hit it on the head, my surgeon told me its because muscles to week to hold in place, it will stop in time. and dont it seem like time is slow PO

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear