+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Gross patients...Does Providence Hospital prebill?  (Read 2164 times)

jb46

Dr. Gross patients...Does Providence Hospital prebill?
« on: April 01, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »
Dr. Gross requires pre-payment for costs not covered by insurance.
Does Providence Hospital do that as well? I think I'm scheduled to contact them in another week or so, just wondering if they are expecting an early check as well...not like I'll be able to run from them for awhile.

Neild5

Re: Dr. Gross patients...Does Providence Hospital prebill?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »
The hospital I had mine done at contacted me about a week before and asked how I wanted to pay my deductible and co-pay.  I asked if I payed up front would they give me a discount and they said 20%.  It is worth asking.
50 yo male left Biomet 2/28/11, right BHR 2/20/12

John C

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »
When I went to Providence a few years ago, we went in the day before surgery to register, and I believe we paid deductibles, etc, at that time.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »
I had an interesting thing happen to me.  When I pre-registered at Providence I was told I would owe X amount of money and if I pre-paid I would get a 10 or 20% discount, I paid that amount.

Fast forward a month or so I get a bill from them even though I was told I was paid in full, the amount was less than what they originally told me I was going to owe,  so I called them and said I was paid in full, well they agreed, I then said if the discounted amount I originally paid was more, then the hospital owed me money.  Well, LOL, I got a check from them 3 or 4 weeks later and I used it to take us all out to dinner.

It worked out in the end, but I bet the hospital regretted sending me that bill  ;D

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Jbennett

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »
They night not require it but they want it eniufht to give you a 20% discount. Which for me was 1300-1400 discount. I can't remember.
Right Biomet Uncemented Dr. Gross 3/14/12

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 11:59:56 AM »
Agreed.  They offer a pre-pay discount.  Looking back, it was totally worth it.  As confusing as it seems, they handled it very well.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

ctb

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »
Same here.  I received a call a week before surgery.  My copay for the hospital part was 150, but I only paid 120 because I paid upfront.  Not sure what I owe Midlands yet. 
Dr. Gross, LH Uncemented Biomet,  3/21/12

einreb

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 05:17:45 PM »
I did a prepay for a % savings the morning before the surgery, but then the way the bills rolled in to my insurance.... I had hit my max out of pocket already and a few weeks/months later I got a partial refund back from the hospital.  I did get 1% cash back on my credit card so somehow I felt like I was 'sticking it to the man'. :)

I find the payment part of the medical business mind-boggling.
40yo at the time of my 2/16/2011 left hip uncemented Biomet resurface with Tri Spike Acetabular cup by Gross

Jbennett

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
Mind boggling is just the way the insurance companies want it.
Right Biomet Uncemented Dr. Gross 3/14/12

jb46

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
Thanks ya'll...I knew that I'd get all the info. Can't imagine going into this without all the help/insight.
I'll try for the 20% discount and remember to follow up later to see if they owe me...jb

Anniee

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
The pre-bill issue never came up with me because I do have insurance, but I never got a bill from Providence.  My insurance evidently covered 100%, which was great.  What really is ridiculous is that the bill was about $46K for each surgery, my insurance paid about $26K each time, which covered the cost.  Why do they play these games?
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Aerial

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »
I am another who prepaid my out of pocket to the hospital prior to surgery and got a 20% discount....totally worth it.  Dr. Gross has a standard prepay which I prior to the hospital.  Ended up with a refund of most of what I paid to Midlands orthopeadics. 
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

jb46

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »
Scheduled for next Weds the 25th. Spoke with hospital and after slight panic turns out they don't need a dime at this time. She starts out by telling me Hospital cost of this surgery is $43,000...humina humina what? Goes in to insurance rate and out of pocket, then tells me my max out of pocket is about $2000. I mention I've already sent about that amount to Dr. Gross's office and she says, ok...never mind, we'll bill you after for any final difference.
What a great feeling (opposite of letdown) after she started with that number...put me in my better mind set for whole experience....jb

hernanu

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
Nice to have that off the mind, jb. Good luck on the 25th, you should start your own topic for your surgery so we can keep track of you.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat