+-

Author Topic: Heat  (Read 1155 times)

Jbennett

Heat
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:27 PM »
Would a heating pad be bad between visits to the ice machine? Coming up on 3 weeks and sometimes I feel like heat sure would feel good on those muscles. Another week and a half I think and I'll be allowed to get in the whirlpool tub.   ;D
Right Biomet Uncemented Dr. Gross 3/14/12

hernanu

Re: Heat
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:14:57 AM »
Don't know, since I never tried it.

I was usually only icing since I wanted to control any swelling and irritation of the hips and the muscles.

Before the surgeries, whenever I got an injury I would ice until the inflammation / swelling went down, then heat when all of that subsided to promote blood flow - I guess I treated it like an extended injury and didn't go past the icing until any discomfort went down.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

ctb

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 02:01:16 PM »
I'm no help either - I've been too busy bonding with my polar ice machine to think about doing anything else. 
Dr. Gross, LH Uncemented Biomet,  3/21/12

johnd_emd

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
Contrast would be good for you.  Heat and then Ice.  Always finish with ice. 
Dr. Rector
Feb. 1
Rt Hip Resurfacing
Birmingham

mslendzion

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
I have not used a heating pad since the surgery. It was once part of my furniture. I think ice does more post op.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
I'm a big user of a heating pad.  It sure feels good.   I always ice after exercise but at the end of the day or in the evening, heat feels just great!
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

David

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »
Heat before exercise/pt ice afterward...
RBHR Dr. Su 8/29/2011
www.jayasports.com

Jbennett

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:04:09 PM »
Oh my!! This is niiiice!!!! Don't know why but my muscles just feel extra sore today. My quads down to the knee are a little tender in addition to my behind. Got the ice machine pre cooling and I'll put that on after 15-20 minutes of this heating pad. I haven't walked in a few days (like real not stop straight line walking) because I've been so busy at work. Worked at the office until noon then went and bought a fridge for one of my rental properties and met the delivery guys. Transferred the tenants food to the new fridge and by the time I was done at 3 all I wanted to do was come home and get horizontal for a while. Now I'm gonna veg out and watch basketball. Come on Kansas! I can't bear to watch Calipari win this. Memphians still hold a grudge. Ha!
Right Biomet Uncemented Dr. Gross 3/14/12

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats