+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 Month Old BHR Today  (Read 1452 times)

mslendzion

3 Month Old BHR Today
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »
Three months today and oddly I'm in pain.  It started Saturday and still feels pretty bad.   There is a deep pain in my hip and sitting hurts as well.  I just got back from Basel Friday, I'm wondering if the trip contributed to the pain, however, I'm not sure why it would have. The only other thing I can think of is I really stretched to cut the one toe nail that, until now, I've been unable to reach. I go to my doctor next week for my 3 month follow up, I'm really hoping the pain stops before the visit.  I was really feeling good too up until now.  Stupid hip!
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
Re: 3 Month Old BHR Today
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:57:19 PM »
Mslenddzion,

My 2 cents is setbacks like you may be describing are fairly normal, and unless way up there on the pain scale, will go away.  My 6+ month side stlll gets achey and stiff, whem my activity level goes a bit above normal high for this point in the recovery, or I sit in a car for a long time, but only for a day or two.

I can relate to the toenail observation, and understand how you may have stretched something.

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:30:30 AM »
Three months today and oddly I'm in pain.  It started Saturday and still feels pretty bad.   There is a deep pain in my hip and sitting hurts as well.  I just got back from Basel Friday, I'm wondering if the trip contributed to the pain, however, I'm not sure why it would have. The only other thing I can think of is I really stretched to cut the one toe nail that, until now, I've been unable to reach. I go to my doctor next week for my 3 month follow up, I'm really hoping the pain stops before the visit.  I was really feeling good too up until now.  Stupid hip!

Well... Basel - that explains it... no one leaves Basel intact  ;D . I think it's fine, some times just long times traveling, sitting in one position, etc. will cause discomfort.

I was going to jazz clubs quite a bit after I got more mobile (about three weeks) and noticed when sitting on one stool for a while (had to drape and look cool, you know  8) , with my single crutch stylishly leaning on the bar) that my hip started telling me just what it thought about the whole thing.

One of my metrics for how much I improved was to be able to sit through a performance without discomfort. That happened at about 7 months, where I just didn't notice it until it I was leaving. It was one of my aha! moments. It was actually easier to stand for a couple of hours than to sit.

At three months, after a long trip (I assume, unless it was another Basel), this sounds pretty normal.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:31:58 AM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

bri

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
I am at 4 months and I turned a corner quick and heard a pop in my hip and it hurt for a couple of weeks. Went to the doc and he took x-rays and said it looks great. He said I must of pulled a muscle or something. I to get discomfort after sitting for a long time and go to walk.

mslendzion

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
Thanks to all for your feedback.  I'm feeling OK now.  It's weird how you feel so good than all of a sudden not so much.  I have noticed popping or clunking (not sure if I can tell the difference) lately but that has not been associated with pain.  You are all awesome, it's amazing how the support and input from this site really makes a difference.  I'm not sure how I could have managed without this group.   
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat