+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 9 weeks po, now knees?  (Read 2498 times)

midiowa

9 weeks po, now knees?
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »
hey hippies, havent posted lately good to be back at life 3/4 speed, been working last 2 weeks, hvac work install/service etc. pretty physical with no problems other than still weak on leg muscles. hopefully soon back to normal, if that ever happens is yet to be seen.  does anyone else have any problems with getting down on knees? that seems to be my weak point. thought i would throw that out and see if anyone else has that issue or are my knee's the next bionic wonders in progress.  last visit surgeon all well, mentioned my knee and they wanted xrays but i put em off for now . one problem at a time please .  hoping its just new gait problem , problem being its perfect and my knee is pissed now. Brad.

found out i can run on it by emergency only, got a call from friend that there was a accident where my son was hes ok, his friend lost his life at 20 yrs from getting ran over by tractor, couple prays for his family cant hurt. sad time around here.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:50:57 AM by midiowa »

Dannywayoflife

Re: 9 weeks po, now knees?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »
I think that getting on your knees will improve mate. I think it might be a rom thing to do with your hip.
Your sons friend is in my prayers mate.
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »
Danny's right, I had some issues with knees after (and before) which cleared up once we (muscles, bones and me) started to get along after the surgery. Let it ride and see what clears up, you're still very much in the recovery part.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

2down

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
2 weeks post op Dr. Gross, getting back on this site for first time in months. Prayers for your friend going out. Hope it helps lighten hearts. Good luck with your knee.  Surprised at how much knee swelling & pain I have. Luck of the draw.

midiowa

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »
my knees hurt at first then got better now back to hurting just using more now i think. dont ice anymore dont really need it.

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »
Try icing around the area where it hurts. How's the IT band? sometimes the tightness there puts pressure on the knee area.

Since you're nine weeks out, how about starting on the roller?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:13:14 AM by hernanu »

bri

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »
Do you raise elk? I also am from mid Iowa and raised elk. Had surgery about 4 months ago. Had knee pain before surgery but it went away after.

Tin Soldier

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »
I had a little knee pain early in recovery.  I didn't have any trouble getting down on my knees, it was more just from riding a bike and doing things I hadn't done in awhile.  I think that's pretty common during the first few months of recovery.  I have absolutely no pain in my knees now.  Sorry about your friend.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

mslendzion

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
Hi, just in the last week or so kneeling is pain free.  Directly following the surgery I could not kneel at all, it slowly has been getting better.  I think I'm over the kneeling hump now but this is a new development.  My thougths and prayers go out to your friend.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

midiowa

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 11:53:15 PM »
hey hern about that roller , i know lots use it . does it help? Danny mentioned it awhile back. but i never really followed up and my surgeon has never really mentioned it either.  is it to help the scar tissue? jump in all.

Tin Soldier

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »
I never used a roller, I just had my PT rub my butt.  Oh the memories.

I think the roller would be good though. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

hernanu

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 01:10:56 PM »
hey hern about that roller , i know lots use it . does it help? Danny mentioned it awhile back. but i never really followed up and my surgeon has never really mentioned it either.  is it to help the scar tissue? jump in all.

I use it all of the time. It really helps with IT band, lower back, etc. It is an acquired taste, since the tight muscle area will be rolled over with some pressure from your body.

Just make sure you don't put your entire weight on it at first, or you'll be in the first circle of Dante's inferno.. the one with inexhaustible spin class teachers and overly aggressive personal trainers.

I do this for the IT band:

• Lay the roller crosswise in front of you on the floor
  • Come down over it with both hands on the other side of the roller from you
  • rest your hips on the roller.
  • Roll sideways while bringing your supporting leg's foot as close to the roller as you can on the floor. Don't kill yourself trying to stretch up, it's just for support.
  • You now have three points of support (both hands and the off foot).
  • Push with your support foot, rolling your thigh on the other leg over the roller.
  • When you've reached the knee area, the off leg should be extended a bit, roll back, reversing the motion.
  • Curse hernan for bringing this up in the first place  :o .

I do this several times, some for the IT band, some for my back (improvise there), sometime for my inside thigh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:11:30 PM by hernanu »

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »
I had pre-op knee pain, but not post op.  But, we're all different, and I would venture it is a change in gait and movement that's doing it.  Hernan's right, the roller is simultaneously brilliant and torture.  If you knee pain is caused from tight muscles/tendons, that will loosen it up.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

midiowa

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
thanks hern iam gonna give hell a try

WTW15

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 09:24:25 PM »
I never had knee issues, but my knees are stiff/sore since surgery.  Combo of things I'm sure, like being weak all over, less active (but increasing) and I am taking hubby's advice (who's had 4 knee surgeries) GLUCOSAMINE.  Takes 6 wks or so to notice the improvements, but I'm going to give it a try.  Probably good for both hips, the op'd and the non-op'd as well.  Anyone else doing Gluco? 

Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

midiowa

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »
yep i started gluco, fish oil and a couple other things my health nutty wife pushs on me. how about the magic magnet braclet thats where i drew the line. 

jjmclain

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 07:05:06 AM »
I tried the glucosamine prior to my surgery and it did nothing for me. Luckily I don't need anything now!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear