+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: restoring homeostasis  (Read 1752 times)

spike

restoring homeostasis
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »
Jan 11. 2012 I had my hip resurfaced in Tampa. BHR, Posterior approach. From the post op pics it appears that the surgeon had a difficult time.

Since then my left leg goes numb when sitting or laying down, I have  nightly severe leg cramps, toes, feet, calves and hamstrings.

Also my leg still feels heavy 4 months post op

To top it off, my neck is now painful and I’m experiencing numbness and tingling down both arms.

Disclosure: my neck and lower back have been balanced before this despite horrible looking x-rays.

Im afraid that I may have rocked the cart and this may be an issue that will never resolve

Has anyone here experienced this? if so, did it resolve?

Thanks so much,
Mike
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:58:20 AM by spike »

jjmclain

Re: restoring homeostasis
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:42:50 AM »
I was bruised and swollen for a long time...everyone is different. I have always bruised easily and am a small person. After restrictions were lifted at a month, things improved rapidly. Hopefully you are not that bruised at 4 months! Speak to your surgeon regarding your concerns.

hernanu

Re: restoring homeostasis
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:02:09 AM »
Hi Mike, I had a lot of bruising with both legs, was swollen for a good three weeks or so, had numbness for a while which attenuated and eventually went away. I could still bring it on at 9-10 months if I stretched while sitting on the ground and held the stretch for a while (which I didn't keep doing).

I can do all of that now without the numbness, so I guess it goes away over time. At 4 months, you're still on the ramping up end of the healing curve, so I'd talk to your surgeon, tell him (I know it's a him) your concerns and get it out on the table. With me, it all has straightened out, and I'm hoping yours will too.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat