+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Uncomfortable sensation like hip joint wants to pop out to the side  (Read 3482 times)

Miguelito

Hello. I am at three weeks (today) and the last couple of days feel like a setback. Everything had been steadily improving (though the pace of improvement has been slowing more than I like) until I started feeling this new sensation. I have had very little swelling (just the raised incision, really) since the first week but now it feels like there's a small ball under the skin (fairly subtle) and when I am most active it feels like there is substantial outward pressure from the joint, like it wants to pop out of the socket.

I don't think there is an issue or that this is significant, just looking for reassurance that this is not that unusual.

Thx,

Mike
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

hernanu

Mike, you're going to feel all sorts of weird things, most likely its  nothing. I got sensitive about my hip architecture also, so not unusual to worry.

Since the whole capsule was compromised for the surgery, you'll feel loose or like that area tires easily. Until you heal sufficiently, you'll be feeling strangenesss there some times.

If it gets you upset, or you need a checkpoint from a professional, call the surgeon's office. I used mine liberally and felt no compunctions at all about it. You need to improve physically and mentally, so just call and call often as needed. I sure did.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

jjmclain

Mike,

The area under my incision was very hard...like a hard lump. My PT massaged it for me and showed me how to do it with cream to loosen up that scar tissue. I had my husband do it and in a couple of days it was gone.
She said not to use any scented lotion as that might irritate the scar.

June

Tin Soldier

I agree with Hern in that it may just be a weird feeling from your body getting used to a slightly different architecture.  This might be the clunk that  most of us have.  I started noticing it as the swelling went down, probably a couple weeks after surgery.  Maybe its a mix of clunk and harder scar tissue? 

Also, I've heard lots of good stuff about Gross and his staff answering questions in a timely manner, so I would not hesitate to contact them.     
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Miguelito

Thanks everyone. I don't think it merits a call to Doctor's office yet.

I don't think it's clunking. I think I have had clunking, though, particularly the first 3-4 days after surgery. I was wondering what clunking was (pre-surgery) then I had this very distinct sensation of almost a mechanical shifting of gears deep inside the hip and I thought to myself, bingo, that's what clunking is. It was kind of a neat sensation, and not worrisome at all.

Today is definitely my first setback. I didn't really expect one but there you go.
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

Baby Barista

The only sure thing about having BHR surgery? There will be setbacks.

But in this case, I'd say it's less of a setback, than it is normal pain and adjustment. For the first month, I felt like I had a tennis ball sewn into my wound.

Now it just feels like a tiny bouncy ball!
LBHR Pritchett 01/23/12 - 52mm head, 58mm cup
RBHR Pritchett 12/10/12 - 52mm head, 58mm cup

B.I.L.L.

The only sure thing about having BHR surgery? There will be setbacks.

But in this case, I'd say it's less of a setback, than it is normal pain and adjustment. For the first month, I felt like I had a tennis ball sewn into my wound.

Now it just feels like a tiny bouncy ball!

Yep. Gonna be peaks, valleys, and weird sensations, especially as you start to push yourself more.
I was convinced I screwed something up several times, but each time I took it easy for a few days and the pain or weird sensation would subside. 3 weeks is pretty early into your recovery. Don't forget that rest is just as important as exercise (Just my opinion, I'm a poolman not a doctor) ;D
Good luck, hope it's nothing !  8) 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat