+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: going with Dr.Gross  (Read 1329 times)

lyn

going with Dr.Gross
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »
 I met with Dr. Gross and have decided to have him do my surgery. I wanted to thank all that participate in this forum. It helps immensely with knowing how other patients feel and what they have experienced. Unfortunately  I cant get in until Aug 29...isn't that amazing? I knew it would be a wait, but not 4 months.  I'm on their cancellation list. I just hope my hip holds out. Thanks again! ...lyn

jb46

Re: going with Dr.Gross
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »
Congrats...good decision. I was told 4 months as well but moved up to 3 months within the first week of booking. Never got any closer though. Could say it was worth the wait, though I wish I had it done sooner. Remember though, 4 months isn't the finish line. Still have recoup/rehab time after that. Look at it as a much longer process...good luck...jb

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
You'll do fine, all August Dr. Gross patients rock!   ;D

When I scheduled there was snow on the ground and my date was August 8th and that was 2008 shortly after he started his foray into uncemented.

Chuck

I met with Dr. Gross and have decided to have him do my surgery. I wanted to thank all that participate in this forum. It helps immensely with knowing how other patients feel and what they have experienced. Unfortunately  I cant get in until Aug 29...isn't that amazing? I knew it would be a wait, but not 4 months.  I'm on their cancellation list. I just hope my hip holds out. Thanks again! ...lyn
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Miguelito

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
Lyn,

Good luck with your surgery and recovery. I lucked out when I scheduled with Dr. Gross. They were scheduling four months out but they had just had a cancellation and I only had to wait just under two. As it turned out I would physically have been okay with the wait, but I found the mental part, the waiting in limbo, to be harder.

I could be dead wrong, but I think all the publicity about metal ions, particularly at the exact time when I was scheduling (early February 2012) could have led to more than the usual number of cancellations among doctors doing this surgery.

Again, best of luck.

Mike
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:01:05 AM »
That's great, lyn. I had my first done in August and had a good time during rehab. I could wear shorts, so any swelling was not an issue for pants early on, the weather was nice for walking and I had June and July swimming under my belt, so the world was good.

Early October as an unassisted hippy (no crutches) was very cool, walking and chilling out with no OA pain was a nice way to spend autumn.

As an August hippy, I can definitely recommend it.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal