+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr Boyd no longer perform Hip Resurfacing  (Read 1979 times)

ripit97223

Dr Boyd no longer perform Hip Resurfacing
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:09:42 AM »
I have recently changed health care providers in an effort to see a more experienced DR in Oregon for Hip Resurfacing. I contacted Dr Boyd's office in Salem Oregon and was told he is no longer performing Hip Resurfacing surgeries. The hospital he performed these at is longer allowing him and he is trying to find another hospital. Is there anyone else on Oregon that I should look at for this type of surgery? I am 49 years old active Racquetball player and I was scheduled for surgery with Dr Klug in CA, earlier this year however my insurance company denied coverage for out of state surgery. I have a new group plan and I am trying to find a more experienced DR in Oregon.
Thank you for any guidance.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
Re: Dr Boyd no longer perform Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:51:52 AM »
Sorry I can't help you with Oregon, but I know of MANY folks who have flown across country to go to Dr. Gross.  He is (in my, and many opinions) THE BEST.  You might consider contacting his staff and seeing if they accept your healthcare.  I'm sure the flight home is a bit of a pain, but many folks do it.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
Wow, so Salem Hospital has locked him out?  And it is the only game in town.  I hate these medical industry games.

I am in Salem, OR and was considering Dr. Boyd locally and Dr. Pritchett in Seattle.  I found out that Dr. Pritchett was in-network for me and with his experience and personality I chose to go there.  Swedish Hospital where he performs the surgery is unbelievably nice.

I have also heard that some people in this area go to Dr. Sparling (?) in Vancouver, WA.

I would consider petitioning your health insurance to allow you to go out-of-state if Dr. Boyd can't perform the surgery.

Best wishes.  Let me know if I can help.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

ripit97223

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »
Thanks Dan, I did get an appointment with Dr Sparling in Vancouver and I am curious to see what his thoughts are. Not sure I am covered to go see DR Pritchett, would like to see him if I could.

Thanks again - Greg

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat