+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dozer just became a Bi-Lat  (Read 3212 times)

Biscuit

Dozer just became a Bi-Lat
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »
Good evening, Everyone!  Dozer just became a full-fledged member of the Bi-lat Club today with Dr. Brooks of Cleveland Clinic!  First done January 25th, second one today and it went perfectly according to the good doctor.  He's resting semi-comfortably and (hopefully!) sleeping at the moment.  The pain anasthesia seemed to wear off faster this time (??).  But no worries - he's a good soldier.  He (we) is just excited to finally have both troublesome hips re-surfaced and the road to recovery and normal activity finally on the horizon. 

Hopefully I'll bring him home Saturday. 

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dozer just became a Bi-Lat
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »
Congratulations!  Tell Dozer we all have him in our thoughts and prayers.  We look forward to his posts when he feels better.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 11:10:47 PM »
Congrats to Dozer and you! Tell him the water's fine in the bilat pool.

Glad to hear everything went well.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:10 AM »
Welcome to Club Bilateral.  We're all feeling good over here by the pool.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Biscuit

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
Poor man!  He called me today to tell me they are going to release him this evening.  He doesn't need to stay the extra day because he just went through it four months ago and doesn't need the extra PT since he knows what to do.

But - experiencing a good deal more swelling this time, he said.  So much so that he said he could hardly move.  I suggested he do his best to get up and move around - the walking sometimes helps with that.  He said he wasn't even sure he could get out of bed it was so bad.  So I insisted he talk to a nurse about his concerns or I wouldn't be coming to get him and bring him home!  Why do you men hate asking nurses, doctors or anyone for help?!  ???

Anyway - got a text from him.  His therapist pinned the problem immediately.  He had tried to back off his meds too aggressively, and was now paying for it.  As soon as they got the meds evened out, he felt a thousand times better, he said. 

Dozer HATES medication, and will try his best to go off as soon as possible.  I get it, but I am going to make him stay on course pretty religiously for at least a week.  Can't afford ANY set-backs at this point.

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
You are awesome, biscuit. Dozer is a lucky man. Agree completely and US guys are sometimes dunces. Comes with the territory.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:25:22 PM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »
Dozer via Biscuit, Congrats man,

Hope you are feeling as good as possible at this point, you're almost there now.  Now you are in balance, 1.2 lbs of metal on each side.

Please share your round 2 pre surgical meal given your observations after your first surgery  :).

Once off crutches after #2 I'm doing really well, now 11+ weeks and been able to do pretty much anything I need to, just stiffness after sitting and sore muscles after too much activity.  You'll be doing normal stuff soon also,

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM