+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain at 5 months  (Read 1747 times)

bri

Pain at 5 months
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »
Still getting some pain at 5 months. Mostly when I first get out of a chair or from a car.I can walk quiet a ways and that does not bother.Sometimes  I also get it when I turn certian ways. The other day I turned a certain way and I had a great deal of pain that went away shortly after. I know I limp when I get out of a car ect. Had a x-ray with my doctor about a month ago and he said it looked good. My brother is 4 months out and has no pain. Just wondering if this normal?

Dannywayoflife

Re: Pain at 5 months
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »
It sounds fairly normal to me i certainly still get twinges if in doubt speak to your doc
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »
bri, I had startup pain for a while, at 5 months, definitely still there, continued for a while (8 months?). It sounds pretty normal to me. You describe pain when first getting out of the car and seat. That's pretty common and normal also.

Different folks heal at different rates, your brother is at 4 months and has no pain? more power to him, but not everyone heals at that rate. Just be patient and it should ease up. I had no startup pain at 8+ months. Of course if you're uncertain at all, talk to your surgeon and get his / her opinion.

I had no idea that you had the Conserve Wright+. Donacole, what about that web site would help with startup pain? If you want to file a lawsuit for having a Conserve Wright+ device that failed, maybe, but bri's startup pain sounds like a pretty standard complaint for a successful HR recuperation.

I'm not sure bri was looking for legal advice, especially from a site that seems to extrapolate from a failed Depuy device to all HR devices.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

ZAP

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 12:26:53 AM »
What kind of pain?  Can you describe it?  Do you mean stiffness?

John C

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 02:30:18 AM »
In regards to "donacole's" answer: I am not sure how a link to a site that is basically a sales pitch by ambulance chasing lawyers that is full of inflammatory "information" was intended to help someone with fairly common startup pain who is just midway through their healing process.
It could just be my suspicious nature, but attaching an advertising link to a law firm like that does seem a little suspect. Hopefully bri was able to fast forward through that one without concern.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

donacole

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »
Actually John C, I don't advertise any links or sites or whatsover, I just wanted to give some suggestions that may be of assistance. If that bothers you I can personally delete that post of mine. And thank you for letting me know.

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »
I definitely have what Hern has described as well, for me it is start up stiffness when arising from a seated position, particularly after car rides over 30 or so minutes.  I have thisvon the 7.5 month side and on the almost 3 month side.  It goes away after a few steps.  It is much worse in the evening.  Does not happen when arising from a prone position.

All seems quite normal based on what I have seen.

Dan
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:55:46 PM by Dan L »
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

obxpelican

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »
John was correct, please do not post links like that, it kind of makes you suspect if the first post you make is one to some attorney's site.  If you do that again your post will be removed and you will be banned from this site.

And btw, your post was removed.

Chuck

Actually John C, I don't advertise any links or sites or whatsover, I just wanted to give some suggestions that may be of assistance. If that bothers you I can personally delete that post of mine. And thank you for letting me know.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:02:13 PM by obxpelican »
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

fenceman

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
Back on Subject.... As everyone has said you are still very early in the healing process and will have different pains at different times.  At 6 months I was still limping out of habit, not pain.  I had to concentrate on my gate and retrain myself to walk correctly.  I also had a sharp pain when I took took a long step or "overstride".  This went away after a year.

Bill
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM