+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: MRI with implant in place  (Read 1079 times)

Spanielsal

MRI with implant in place
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »
Hi guys, has anyone else had MARS MRI with the implant there? I had mine today and it felt like the metal was heating up, it was really quite painful by the end of a 30 min scan. Almost like a white hot balloon inflating. Is this normal? I took some ibroprufen which calmed it a bit but now 2hrs later it still feels like its burning. I did manage to stay still (the threat of longer scanning) but was nanoseconds away from squeezing the button. I have some indication of what it might be like to be microwaved!

Any of your experiences with this would be gratefully read, or am I just super odd?
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

hipnhop

Re: MRI with implant in place
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:52:09 PM »
I had a head MRI 6 weeks post op.  Felt good that they found a brain. Didn't feel anything heat in the hip area though.
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Spanielsal

Re: MRI with implant in place
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »
Thanks Hipnhop, glad you found your brain, don't think they'd find anything but mush if they MRI'd mine ;) this was an MRI of the hips trying to find out why I've got pain on the operated one and also for the surgeon to look at my non op one which I'd like done. I have good joint space (same as last time) but pain. It's better today but I spent 12hrs glued to the sofa after the scan, as i couldnt move, took a huge number of pills plus a sleeping tablet last night and it was still v sore on waking today. I think it's a lot of energy around the joint particularly using the MARS sequencing to reduce the metal Impact of the resurfacing to see whats going on in and around the prosthesis and the joint. Oh well, onwards and upwards but anyone else going for this, be prepared! Sal
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat