+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 months now  (Read 1372 times)

midiowa

4 months now
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »
hey hipsters,   well its been a while since i posted must be because i feel so good and back pretty much to normal within reason.  looks like the same old hippies still helping all the newbies you guys/gals are so important . 

LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN!!!!!

Thanks Pat, and all you hippies that helped me , you know who you are. Brad.

hernanu

Re: 4 months now
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »
Good to hear from you Brad. Keep it up.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

midiowa

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »
thanks hern. how you doing?

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:08:17 AM »
Feeling really good, Brad. I've been getting back into my routine - started weight lifting last year, soccer lately and getting my martial arts stretching / kicking going starting last November or so. These are all the big things that I've focused on as maybe goals, and they are coming through.

In the real things that count, I can do Dad things like driving to my kid's activities, walking for hours, etc. The biggest thing for me is not dreading anything. I went to a club with my girlfriend, stood and talked to friends, danced at least ten times, strolled outside with her and drove an hour home without thinking of pain. Only discomfort was slightly sore feet. Just an example, but you know what that means, to go through all of that and not worry about a thing (apologies to Stevie Wonder).

The improvement in my hips also has inspired me to other things. I've been doing Dr. Gundry's diet and have dropped about 35 lbs, since I decided that with healed hips, I wanted the rest of me returned to pre-OA state. I went through a divorce just before and during the HR recovery period, and was on anti-depressants and counseling (helped immensely in recovery), and am off those as well. I'm back to painting and used that to produce some Mother's day presents for my Mother, my sister and her mother in law.

So mentally, physically and all, I'm trying to match my new amazing hips. It takes a while, and I think each advance deserves its own time. I believe that each step forward deserves its own focused attention, so I dealt with them sequentially:

• Recover physically from OA, healing and muscle strengthening.
  • Taper off the anti depressant, but only with the help of both counselor and my doctor.
  • Self recovery goals, like losing weight, returning fully to athletics, etc.

Covering all of those was one thing: be happy. All of these contributed to that and still do. This is my own little sequence and has worked well, I made sure I didn't overlap things and didn't worry about the later things until I was good with the previous. So thanks for asking Brad, things are good and I have faith will be even better.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:12:49 AM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

midiowa

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
good to hear it, keep on that path.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM