+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Worried about my swollen leg  (Read 7196 times)

Rach41

Worried about my swollen leg
« on: May 22, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »
I had my hip resurfacing done a week ago on my right hip. My right ankle/foot are huge. It feels really cold inside to me but normal temp on the outside. I do have a temp of 38 and I have just taken some paracetamol. District nurse came yesterday and she was pleased with my wound and didn't really comment on my legs just said was normal and could last a while. I know u have to keep yr legs elivated and I have been laying down. I am sitting now but my leg feels strange and cold. Did anyone else who had swelling have this sensation. It is horrible! I am aware of DVTs and the area of my leg doesn't feel hot. It's just scary 😳
Accis right hip resurfacing on 15.05.2012 by Mr Woodnutt, Morriston Hospital, Swansea

hernanu

Re: Worried about my swollen leg
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
Hi Rach, you'll be getting some different sensations as your body recovers. Right now you are in the very early stages, so many things will be 'strange'. If the nurse looked at it and was happy, then you're likely fine, but if concerned, get in touch with the surgeon's office. No problem with contacting them.

Having said that, it sounds pretty normal. So long as the temperature is not elevated, you should be fine. The paracetamol will help with irritation, so it seems all the steps you're taking are fine. You may be getting some of the numbness we have all gotten to some degree. If so, it was there for me for a bit on both legs, but it eventually went away.

The swelling went down for me after about a week post release. It was at its worst for a few days, then moved down my leg until my ankles swelled like I was retaining water. Pretty color too. It goes away, although you are right to be vigilant and look for the elevated temperatures that you are keeping track of.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

mslendzion

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 06:41:24 PM »
I can totally relate, my leg and foot were really swollen.  My nurse said once it gets to the foot (my knee was really really large before my foot) then it starts to reside.  If it is in your foot, it should be on it way back to normal.  My leg looked like it came from someone else it was that swollen.  I would have believed it was another leg than the one I went in with.  Hope the swelling goes down soon for you.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Rach41

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
Hi both yes swelling went down a few days after I posted this. I was looking at my legs earlier and said to my husband "I think I have list weight in my legs" his reply "no Rach the we're swollen from op and were massive like an elephant!" thanks love you too cheek!!!
Accis right hip resurfacing on 15.05.2012 by Mr Woodnutt, Morriston Hospital, Swansea

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat