+-

Author Topic: Resurfacing bum rap on cable tv ?  (Read 860 times)

B.I.L.L.

Resurfacing bum rap on cable tv ?
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:10:05 AM »
So we're watching that show called "Nurse Jackie"  (Lame cable show about a drug addict nurse, my wife is into it, not me I swear ;D ) In one of the scenes a dancer who's hip "Gave out" is waiting for the word from the doctor, he comes in and say's "Hip Resurfacing will not do it", "You need a total replacement" then when she says no his reply was "Then forget about walking !!"  I guess there are some writers in hollywood that are not too hip on re-surfacing. Thought it was kind of lame that the first and only time I hear a reference about hip resurfacing on primetime tv that they put such a negative spin on it. I know it's just a stupid tv show, and unless you have a resurfacing you probably wouldn't have even noticed, but still seemed a little misleading. Anyone else watch that stupid show and catch that ?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:11:13 AM by B.I.L.L. »

hernanu

Re: Resurfacing bum rap on cable tv ?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
No, Bill - I'm sure the technical experts on there are floating in all of the anti HR fad.

It's not like they're likely to do any research about it. Haven't watched that show after the first or second episode; even that was because I thought the lead was good on the Sopranos.

Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Tin Soldier

Re: Resurfacing bum rap on cable tv ?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »
Sounds like another well known show about a drug addict working in the medical field.  It might seem somewhat benign being that it's just a stupid TV show, but the negativity still indirectly affects the industry.  Perception is reality.  Most of the folks in my office (about 40 people) know that I had HR and about a quarter of them know that it's an MoM prosthetic.  I get a lot of questions about the whole MoM issue, "isn't that bad? aren't they only going to last a few years?  what about metals in your blood?"  This is with a group of scientists that know a little about toxicology and the human body.  So you can imagine that the average person may actually buy into the prime time nonsense. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats