+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Liquidey, squishy, crunchy noises from the area.  (Read 2704 times)

rbt2011

Liquidey, squishy, crunchy noises from the area.
« on: June 29, 2012, 07:43:23 PM »
Hey everyone, long time no post.  I still get on the site quite often but have taken to reading only.  It helps me to obsess about this slightly less than I already do.  Great to see so many new people have found the site and to see so many of the veterans are still here encouraging others with their recoveries.

I'm 7 months today from BHR and had a question:

Ive been checked out several times by my surgeon and have been told that all is well, device is placed perfectly, and so forth.  I am getting the clunking, shifting sensations but also can hear an audible squirting, or liquid sound when I rotate my pelvis into and out of extension.  I'm told it's nothing to worry about but wonder if anyone else gets the liquid like noises or if I am just really, really lucky.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Right side BHR 11/29/2011

Kiwi

Re: Liquidey, squishy, crunchy noises from the area.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Hi Rob - great to hear from you!
That's the first time I've heard of squirting sounds... Probably nothing to worry about, but have you asked your surgeon? Always good to get piece of mind. Hopefully some of the crew here can help you more.
Good luck & glad everything else in your recovery is travelling along well.
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 06:30:48 AM »
I the crunching/grinding sound and asked Mr T about them he said it happens irregularly. It's not that common and he said he honestly didn't know exactly why it happens. He said if he were to have an educated guess then my theory about scar tissue would be the most likely(if the device is properly positioned and well fixed).
Hmm the squelching sound.... I would thorise it might be synovial fluid being pushed out of the clearance space?
As your device is perfectly Placed and I'm sure by now pretty well fixed I really would try not to worry Rob. Easier said than done I know! I always end up worrying about mine I guess that's just something we have to come to terms with.
Hope your well bro
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
Hey Rob, that's a new one on me, but if your surgeon is good with the placement, etc., it seems like clunking, just another sound effect for us hippies. You might just be really lucky.  ::)

We all obsess about the hip(s), it's a significant part of our lives, and since the benefits are so good it's something worth keeping track of. I think over time, the obsession wanes and just becomes a background thing. I don't worry as much about the implants as I once did, but still bring my attention back to them whenever something off happens. At about two years, with no pain at all for quite a while, the concern now seems more like a slight watchfulness.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

rbt2011

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
Hern, Kiwi,and Danny:

Thanks for the replies.  Always great to hear from you guys.  I really appreciate the words of encouragement.

The doc said is was the psoas muscle and other of the small rotators adjusting and rubbing on the device.  The snapping and shifting are all normal as are the sounds and crunchy noises.  The liquid noise I didn't have before so if it keeps up I may go back in (for probably the 5th time).  Like I said, I tend to obsess a bit. 

Thanks again guys, hope everything is going well with you. 

BTW,
 Kiwi, I saw someone had a 58mm head device.  I thought you were the biggest, baddest dude on the block with your 56mm, but it looks like somebody beat you!  Ha ha.  Us guys with the 50mm heads are just jealous!

Take care guys!
Right side BHR 11/29/2011

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
Morph has a 58cap and 64cup too! Ha I'm only 5'9" though so you could say I'm large boned rob! ;D
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

morph

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »
I have to say I was a bit suprised but obviously pleased about the 58mm. Before the op I was guessing something like 50-52mm. I must have freaky large hip joints, or at least neck. From my elbow I have a normal bone structure size I think. I always did alot of running, soccer, rugby etc during my adolescant years and just drank milk, so maybe it has just developed that way. Maybe it is the the large neck which has caused the OA, who knows, maybe impingement has caused a labral tear or something. I always had poor flexibilty and had a period where I did various martial arts.

I have had the clunking/slipping sensation, I reckon it is something to do with tight ligaments and mucles re-adjusting to the new alignment.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:20:07 PM by morph »
LBHR - 58mm ball, 64mm cup
7th June 2012 - Mr J P Holland - Newcastle

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
Mr T told me that the majority of clunking was down to the supporting structures
Slipping over the new hardware. Who am I to question that ;D
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

morph

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 04:32:09 PM »
Mr T has no time for "crazy fools"!   :D  The A Team
LBHR - 58mm ball, 64mm cup
7th June 2012 - Mr J P Holland - Newcastle

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »
Ha I like it morph ;D
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Kiwi

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »
Rob, like Morph I was surprised when my surgeon told me of my cap size. The surgeon seemed pleased & said it was the 2nd largest available. I'll run with that...
Keep us posted on your noises!
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Tin Soldier

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »
Never had the squishy, squirter noise. Lots of clunking and only once the squeak (over excersion and dehydration, I suppose).   Hopefully it won't last too long for you.   

Good to hear from you Robert.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat