+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: I accidentally ran today!  (Read 1375 times)

Arrojo

I accidentally ran today!
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »
I didn't mean to, honest! I heard thunder, and then it started to rain.  I had some tools in the backyard, along with a blanket. Instinctively, I ran out the back door barefoot and sprinted across the lawn, grabbed my stuff, and then ran quickly back to the house.

As soon as I got inside, I realized what I just done. :o. Did a quick inventory, and everything in the hip all the way down to my toes felt perfectly fine. I promise not to do it again. (I also had to promise my wife).

But I have to say, those 10-15 seconds were fantastic! :)
Dr. Su
RBHR 4/9/12

Dee Dee

Re: I accidentally ran today!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 01:21:15 AM »
Wow. That was exciting. I find myself doing things like that by instinct (just not running) it is actually freeing to know that we are returning to normal.   ;)

I tied my own shoe today for the first time post op.  Going down stairs feels normal, but going up still requires extra effort to go step over step.  Sometimes I walk around the house totally normal, with no aching or slow stiff start and I forget that i have a new hip.  But, I am only 6 weeks post op and sometimes my lower leg aches, I clunk and limp a little. 

What a hoot that you had to do "inventory". At least you got rain.  We sure need some in Alabama. We finally got a small shower today after weeks of scorching heat and no rain.  My beautiful lawn is mostly tan.

Dee

Right hip. 5-23-12. Dr. Gross
Right HR  5-23-12  Dr. Gross
Left HR 12-5-12 Dr. Gross

Arrojo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:15:36 AM »
Dee Dee congrats on tying your shoes!  That is a great milestone.  I remember the joy of not having to wear slip ons all the time.
Dr. Su
RBHR 4/9/12

maxx6789

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:36:10 PM »
one of my biggest post-surgery joys was being able to put on my own socks for the first time without the grabber!!

i did something similar: at about 8 weeks post-op getting out of a large passenger van, instead of stepping out, i sort of hopped/jumped out landing on both feet. i paused ... took a brief inventory ... all body parts felt good and i continued on with a smile on my face.
Left BHR Della Valle, Sept 14, 2011
Right BHR Della Valle, April 4, 2012

Anna

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »
EXCELLENT! Sounds like you are recovering well however ..... DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!! Or not for a little longer anyway :)

Dee Dee, if you would like rain, come to England. We are all getting washed away. My garden is now a lake x
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Tin Soldier

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »
Goof job.  It's pretty cool how you don't really notice that you are running and then you realize it and its ok.  I did the same thing.  Great feeling.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

bilateralbliss

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »
Well done Dee Dee :)
Send you some rain from England!! We have more than enough!
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat