+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: I accidentally ran today!  (Read 1001 times)

Arrojo

I accidentally ran today!
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:40:45 AM »
I didn't mean to, honest! I heard thunder, and then it started to rain.  I had some tools in the backyard, along with a blanket. Instinctively, I ran out the back door barefoot and sprinted across the lawn, grabbed my stuff, and then ran quickly back to the house.

As soon as I got inside, I realized what I just done. :o. Did a quick inventory, and everything in the hip all the way down to my toes felt perfectly fine. I promise not to do it again. (I also had to promise my wife).

But I have to say, those 10-15 seconds were fantastic! :)
Dr. Su
RBHR 4/9/12

Dee Dee

Re: I accidentally ran today!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:21:15 AM »
Wow. That was exciting. I find myself doing things like that by instinct (just not running) it is actually freeing to know that we are returning to normal.   ;)

I tied my own shoe today for the first time post op.  Going down stairs feels normal, but going up still requires extra effort to go step over step.  Sometimes I walk around the house totally normal, with no aching or slow stiff start and I forget that i have a new hip.  But, I am only 6 weeks post op and sometimes my lower leg aches, I clunk and limp a little. 

What a hoot that you had to do "inventory". At least you got rain.  We sure need some in Alabama. We finally got a small shower today after weeks of scorching heat and no rain.  My beautiful lawn is mostly tan.

Dee

Right hip. 5-23-12. Dr. Gross
Right HR  5-23-12  Dr. Gross
Left HR 12-5-12 Dr. Gross

Arrojo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »
Dee Dee congrats on tying your shoes!  That is a great milestone.  I remember the joy of not having to wear slip ons all the time.
Dr. Su
RBHR 4/9/12

maxx6789

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
one of my biggest post-surgery joys was being able to put on my own socks for the first time without the grabber!!

i did something similar: at about 8 weeks post-op getting out of a large passenger van, instead of stepping out, i sort of hopped/jumped out landing on both feet. i paused ... took a brief inventory ... all body parts felt good and i continued on with a smile on my face.
Left BHR Della Valle, Sept 14, 2011
Right BHR Della Valle, April 4, 2012

Anna

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 07:38:49 PM »
EXCELLENT! Sounds like you are recovering well however ..... DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!! Or not for a little longer anyway :)

Dee Dee, if you would like rain, come to England. We are all getting washed away. My garden is now a lake x
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Tin Soldier

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
Goof job.  It's pretty cool how you don't really notice that you are running and then you realize it and its ok.  I did the same thing.  Great feeling.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

bilateralbliss

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 12:26:14 AM »
Well done Dee Dee :)
Send you some rain from England!! We have more than enough!
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats