+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Operation  (Read 1464 times)

deepika

Operation
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:17:13 AM »
Hi,
My op is next Thursday....I will post about my surgery as soon as i can..I will be having THR with Deltamotion

I have a few queries please help me with those:
Currently i have a pronounced limp and i feel that my leg length difference when i try to stand...will this be totally corrected by the operation...Is there any post or doc available to help me unlearn the limp after surgery?

The bad news is my other hip has started hurting now.....I am not sure how long will that hold...feeling emotionally tired and drained out..this whole journey  feels so lonely and sad....Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts..

I want to thank each and every member here...for all the support, answers and hope you have given me...i will surely come back after my surgery and share my experience with all of you here

Thanks to Pat, its because of this site that I got to know about Dr Bose.

Neild5

Re: Operation
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 07:32:06 AM »

I have a few queries please help me with those:
Currently i have a pronounced limp and i feel that my leg length difference when i try to stand...will this be totally corrected by the operation...Is there any post or doc available to help me unlearn the limp after surgery?

The leg length difference may be due to several factors, but a THR can only affect true leg length by a couple of mm.  By true leg length I am referring to the length of your leg back when it was healthy.  As far as the limp, a good physiatrist  and physical therapist working together can help you get rid of the limp.

The bad news is my other hip has started hurting now.....I am not sure how long will that hold...feeling emotionally tired and drained out..this whole journey  feels so lonely and sad....Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts..

I want to thank each and every member here...for all the support, answers and hope you have given me...i will surely come back after my surgery and share my experience with all of you here

Thanks to Pat, its because of this site that I got to know about Dr Bose.
50 yo male left Biomet 2/28/11, right BHR 2/20/12

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Hi deepika, good luck with your surgery! The path you're traveling now is hard and discouraging, but once you see the good results, your spirits will lift. I know my second surgery was easier for me, having seen how good my first hip felt.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anna

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:52:24 PM »
Hey Deepika!

Wow, good luck for next thursday!!! Are you excited? I would be ... the pain free world is so close for you!!! Please keep us updated. The deltamotion may be one of my options so id love to know how you get on.

I will be thinking of you

Anna x

RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »
Best of luck with your surgery,  I look forward to hearing about it after.  Like you, my second hip deteriorated soon after the first.  I had them both done together.  You'll have to see how long the second one lasts.

You are in the best of hands with Dr Bose.  Good luck!
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

blkhank

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »
Good luck with the surgery,you'll be really happy . I had a limp  pre-op.after surgery I have had to constantly think about walking with no limp.I've told all my co workers that if they see me limping to yell at me,and they do,daily . I have a tendency to limp when I'm tired,but it is improving. Your going to love being pain free.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat