+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Conserve Plus  (Read 976 times)

protruck14

Conserve Plus
« on: July 14, 2012, 01:21:08 AM »
I'm getting my BHR Smith and Nephew this Monday 7/16. Wish me luck. Funny thing. At the last minute yesterday they asked me if I didn't have a preference would I mind if they put in the Conserve Plus implant. i said no, and that I have never heard of it. Has anyone got any information on this product? The hospital said its a slightly different proceedure to install.

Dannywayoflife

Re: Conserve Plus
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »
It is another good device but of the 2 the BHR seems to do better from what I've seen of the registries
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »
Go with what you're comfortable with. There's too much mental prep to change now. I don't have a BHR, but I knew what was going to be implanted long before and was comfortable with it.

Good luck on Monday!!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Buster

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:32:52 PM »
Why would they want to change so close to the surgery?  I went with the BHR and know a couple of sales reps who said it is the Cadillac of hip devices.

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:33:59 PM »
I'm with everyone else; no bait and switch at this late date.  Stay with what you want.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Neild5

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:26:09 PM »
Because the procedures are different and you have selected a surgeon that you feel comfortable with the question should be put to him/her.  Ask how many of the C+ he has done as  well as the BHR.  Also  why the switch, is it his choice or the hospital?
50 yo male left Biomet 2/28/11, right BHR 2/20/12

protruck14

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 09:52:38 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I was told he is just as comfortable doing either. Don't know how many of each he has done. I just know that he has done hundreds since 2007. My guess would be its a money thing. it's probably more profitable for the hospital and the doctor to do the Conserve plus.
   I told them I'm staying with the Smith and Nephew BHR. I thought BHR was the proceeedure not the product.  birmingham hip resurfacing that originated in England.

einreb

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 11:30:52 PM »
Interesting situation that you are in... honestly I dont think you are 'wrong' either way.

Desmet seems pretty convinced that the C+ is better...

http://www.surfacehippy.info/pdf/bhvsrconserv.pdf

-Bernie
40yo at the time of my 2/16/2011 left hip uncemented Biomet resurface with Tri Spike Acetabular cup by Gross

bilateralbliss

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 03:30:05 AM »
Think you`ve made the right decision, the Smith and Nephew. Good Luck, soon be done.
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats