+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain in the butt ... Literally  (Read 1644 times)

mslendzion

Pain in the butt ... Literally
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »
Six months in and getting pains deep in my hip and butt. I've been feeling great and moving around fine. I'm hoping it is because I'm moving around like I was per surgery and hitting some muscles but the pain is starting to freak me out a bit.  Is this common?  Any feedback is appreciated.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

bri

Re: Pain in the butt ... Literally
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:03:19 AM »
I also had pain at 6 months, I started walking more and doing exercises and I felt much better. I was also worried and did a lot of research on this sight at the time. Sounds like it is normal to get those type of pains at 6 months.

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 10:27:36 AM »
Have you hit a period where you have been sitting around a lot?  Sometimes sitting early in recovery can cause that pain in the butt.

If you are active and not having pain while up and walking it's probably nothing.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

mslendzion

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM »
I actually just flew from MI to San Francisco (5hr flight) and sat 8 hrs a day -2 days straight for the workshop.  On the trip home had to sit an extra hour on the tarmac.  I hope this is it, I was feeling really good and feeling like my old self.  Thanks, I can still really freak myself out worrying.  It's scary when you are doing good than all of sudden....  I appreciate the feedback.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

bilateralbliss

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »
Does make sense once more Chuck, thanks. Made me realise too when been walking a lot, had no pain.
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

obxpelican

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »
Does make sense once more Chuck, thanks. Made me realise too when been walking a lot, had no pain.

This has always been the case with me when I sat too long, I would often get pain deep inside if I sat too long.  I do not know the reason for this but I am sure there is a common sense reason for it.  We flew to Maui from Pgh in January and I even had some soreness and stiffness for a day or so.  Activity cured my pains real quick.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat