+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Post-op skin issues  (Read 2311 times)

Miguelito

Post-op skin issues
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:04:43 AM »
Hello!

Nothing at all serious, I've just been having a couple of skin issues post-surgery that I've never had before and wanted to ask if perhaps they could be related to either new vitamins I am taking (calcium, vitamin D, iron) or some small release of metal ions into the body. I am just completely speculating here.

Anyway the issues I am having: On my face my skin seems drier and little white flakes or bumps come off when i scratch my temples, cheekbones and even forehead. On my shoulders and back I am getting something similar but they more consistently little bumps that scrape off easily enough when I scratch.

I am getting more sun and chlorine from swimming in the pool this summer than in years past so could be form that. This very minor problem is just constant and does not go away and feels like it is very systemic and not something that will pass, and, again, it only cropped up post-surgery.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thx,

Mike
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

hernanu

Re: Post-op skin issues
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »
Hey Mike, I didn't have any issues outside of being out and about more (swimmer's ear). If you're spending a lot more time in the pool, maybe that plays into it.

If you're concerned about it and it persists, though - talk to your surgeon and see what they think. There's no need to be uncertain; I called my surgeon on many things like this. Follow it up until you're comfortable with it if it still is an issue.

Have they checked the placement of everything?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:09:02 AM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Miguelito

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »
My six week check-up was done remotely via x-ray, assessment by a PT, and a questionaire that I filled out. Dr. Gross's office reviewed and said everything looks fine. I have no doubt on that score. I am very happy with my recovery and what i can now do (though I am taking it super easy for the recommended six months).

I have read, though, that all devices of whatever type and however perfectly placed give off debris. I was really just wondering if that might be the reason, and it works its way out through the skin. Or if it was the vitamins (probably more likely). I really have no idea and am just speculating.

Mike
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »
Well, given the placement is good, probably just some skin issue. I didn't get that type of skin reaction, but I probably got some things that you may not (torrential night sweats, for one  :o ).

If it keeps, up, I would drop in on a dermatologist and see what they think - it may be some stress reaction, etc. I remember that when I first came to the U.S. at ten, I got some massive psoriasis under my forearms that may have been from stress or the different climate as opposed to South America.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Spanielsal

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »
Just think of the chemical levels in our bodies after all the medication we took (are still taking -some of us) long term. Perhaps your body is cleaning house? My hairdresser tells me my hair looks awful from all the drugs, I hate to think what my liver looks like! :0)
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

bilateralbliss

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »
Sounds as could be more sun and chlorine that`s doing it (one thing I do know about is skin)
Pool opens up the pores, sun`s rays hit the top dermal layers, drying out the skin. Try rinsing under a shower on getting out then applying a natural moisturiser, nothing oily or expensive, be a waste of money. Palmers or E45 should do the trick! PM me if you`d like any more advice! :)
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat