+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: HEY DENISE WTW15  (Read 6767 times)

B.I.L.L.

HEY DENISE WTW15
« on: July 20, 2012, 02:04:20 AM »
WELL ? ? ? ? ?......     ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:05:10 AM by B.I.L.L. »

WTW15

Re: HEY DENISE WTW15
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:30:49 AM »
The best laid plans often go awry......  postponed 1 more day....  everything happens for a reason, I must not pout!   :-\   With any luck, it will rain where we are going friday evening so Saturday AM I will be blessed with perfect traction! 
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
The best laid plans often go awry......  postponed 1 more day....  everything happens for a reason, I must not pout!   :-\   With any luck, it will rain where we are going friday evening so Saturday AM I will be blessed with perfect traction!

Ooh I hate when that happens, take it easy and have fun, hope you get it nice and tacky, good luck !

WTW15

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:08:05 AM »
It was Better than I could have ever hoped for!!!  The exercising has paid off, the patience has paid off and the riding was FAB!!!   Yes - it did rain.  We went on trails where we had options if I didn't want to ride to much technical stuff and when we got to the fork - we took the Tech Trail! WOOHOO   I felt So GOOD!  Reactions are a little slow and I was a little tentative on steep rocky downhills, but the flow was coming back and the eyes were looking farther down the trail with each mile. 

Saw a Mama and baby Moose - pretty cool! 

This past weekend we rode in Steamboat and it was even better.  Had my first crash - on the hip side, but it was just a "tuck the front end" and I fell then rolled and slid a little.  No issues whatsoever. Didn't shake me up at all.  I'm wearing some 661 heavy-duty padded shorts, but looking at some TLDs for future rides. 

All in All - this was the BEST Thing I could have ever done for my life, my family and my hobbies! 
So Glad I found this forum, did my research and found a great doctor!   Thanks Everyone!

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »
Feel great for you, Denise - awesome post.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

WTW15

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 10:33:17 PM »
I will now add that maybe I 'overdid it' a little.  getting back in the saddle is one thing and mentally i was so ready to be back to my regular 40+ mile rides with the family, but the healing hip has spoken and maybe I should gradually build up to that.  HAHA  Nothing major, just the little nudge that hey - I still have a ways to go to be 100%.  :)   I must remember that - this forum is so great as it constantly reminds us all that we all progress differently and it clearly says that 6 months is NOT the magic date. 

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 12:45:29 AM »
Glad to hear it !  Overdoing it easy huh ? Problem is you don't know you're over doing it until the next day or two and then....... "ow man I think I over did it" ;D  Small problem in the big picture. We're heading back up to kennedy meadows this thursday. It will be wife Sue's first trip up there, should be fun. Haven't really thought about my hip in months, once in awhile gets a little sore and will click for a day or two, but no big deal. Glad you're back in the saddle !!

WTW15

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »
B I L L - How was KM? 
I go in for my 6 month exam finally.  lol dr postponed it once and I did once.  So at 7 1/2 months I'll know what I am cleared to do  ha! 

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 02:58:40 AM »
B I L L - How was KM? 
I go in for my 6 month exam finally.  lol dr postponed it once and I did once.  So at 7 1/2 months I'll know what I am cleared to do  ha!

Kennedy meadows was epic. Sue liked the riding for the most part but wasn't too stoked on the rocky "make a small mistake and go off a cliff" trails :o ;D We scored perfect weather. I put the pictures on facebook, (Bill Bouman) check em out. Going to the last National at Elsinore sat the 8th. Can't wait 8)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:59:23 AM by B.I.L.L. »

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal