+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: feeling pretty good...  (Read 2648 times)

David

feeling pretty good...
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
10+ months now and starting to turn the corner...putting in some good distance biking and holding a good.pace. Running has really improved...very hilly 11 mile run today in LP at 7:30 pace...no residual pain but my lack of fitness. Don't try minimalist shoes at all in your comeback...David
RBHR Dr. Su 8/29/2011
www.jayasports.com

Dannywayoflife

Re: feeling pretty good...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:45:14 AM »
Well done David that's very inspiring!
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

MaryEllen

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:46:25 AM »
David,
Congratulations... 7:30 pace????? Holy Hannah you're fast!!!!   :D  Explain your reasoning for no minimalist shoes on comeback?  Thanks!
MaryEllen
LBHR 11/2/11
RBHR 12/12/12
Dr. Palmer Stillwater, MN

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:07:28 AM »
David, you're doing great. Checked out some early posts, what you'd given up and are getting back to. Awesome.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
I guess you were there for the race.  Conditions seem to be as good as it gets.  Hope your friends did well.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

David

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Yes, awesome week in Lake Placid for the Ironman.  Wife & I (mostly Wife) had several athletes racing and we were up there to cheer and train.  I feel the best to date.  Muscles are cooperating and my fitness is returning.  Almost signed up for next year, but did not.  Fortunately I have the opportunity through a sponsor to sign up later in the year if I want (feel I am able) to do it.  I certainly got the "tingle" which is a good thing.
MaryEllen, the minimalist shoes (innovate8) for me f&*(ed me up big time as I was trying to return to running after the BHR surgery.  My calves and several other muscles kept pulling/tweaking every time I attempted to run faster and longer.  Bottom line after I healed is that I went back to my normal shoe, which is a light weight racer anyway, and I have zero problems to date with those issues.  The minimalist shit is way overhyped.
Hope is a wonderful thing...
RBHR Dr. Su 8/29/2011
www.jayasports.com

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat