+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Hoka One One, Stinson EVO running shoes  (Read 6242 times)

Woodstock Hippy

Hoka One One, Stinson EVO running shoes
« on: July 26, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
Thank you HipnHop for recommending these shoes. 

I got them yesterday and ran in them this morning for the first time.  It was like getting my old legs back;  My legs before the two knees surgeries, before the three of four years of struggling to run enough to be competitive in triathlon without causing more pain and swelling in the knees, before the pain of arthritis brought the fun to an end four years ago.  I started running again in May and it's been going well, but today it took a huge leap forward.  I've been going around my 5 mile trail loop in around 46 minutes, today 40:00; 8 minute pace, Yippee!

The first thing I noticed was the cushioning; about twice as much as a normal running shoe, but they are lighter, 100 grams per pair compared to my New Balance shoes.  Running was like every trail was a wood chip trail but with rebound.  Every stride was just cush-rebound.  I could feel that I was running faster.  Toward the end I could feel that my legs felt fresher and they were.  Are these shoes a miracle?  I think they are, I ran a minute per mile faster and my legs felt fresher than my previous runs on the same trail.  After my walking cool down, I did about 20 strides on the concrete sidewalk and even that felt like running on pillows

The shoes are expensive at $169.99, but I think they are the answer to keeping this old broken and repaired body going for just one more round.

http://www.hokaoneone.com/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:03:47 PM by Woodstock Hippy »
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Dannywayoflife

Re: Hoka One One, Stinson EVO running shoes
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »
These look interesting. I've always run in a neutral cushioned asics but might try these
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

stephen1254

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »
I enthusiastically second this recommendation. I've done about a dozen runs on mine - my first runs since surgery - and I do not recall my legs ever feeling less sore or less stiff after a run.

I've also been using a Skier's Edge ski trainer after my runs. The Hokas are to big to fit into the foot platforms so I've been switching my shoes to a new pair of Asics trail running shoes. Walking across the driveway in the Asics feels like walking barefoot!
RBHR Dr. Callander 3/27/12

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »
Mine are now 3 1/2 months old and they still feel like new.  I'm amazed at great there shoes still feel.  I especially feel the cushioning when walking but running is like a dream.  Right now I'm running every other day up to an hour and it all feels good.

I've got to give Hip n Hop credit for finding these shoes;  thank you hip!
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »
Dio you guys have any more feed back ref the Hoka's? I am looking to buy a pair and slowly work up to doing some running again.

Thanks

Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Recent Posts

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM