+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Corin mini hip surgery scheduled  (Read 50537 times)

Anna

Re: Corin mini hip surgery scheduled
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »
Hope you feel better soon Sally! Drink lots of tea  ;)
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Spanielsal

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 05:53:32 AM »
Thank you! Xx
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
Hang in there Sal.  Let your dogs comfort you! They won't get your bug. 

Good Luck with your recovery.  Hopefully, you won't be slowed down by being sick.  It will just keep you in bed and quiet for a bit.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Spanielsal

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 02:47:52 AM »
Thank you for your message Pat, I'm slowly kicking ths lergy. Today is my 4 week anniversary.

I'm moving around pretty well, in the house I'm using 1 crutch generally. In the kitchen I frequently move without the crutch for a few steps, I'm still dipping which tells me I need to work on the muscle strength before losing the crutches. I will hang on to them so that my walking improves stability, which is sad because I want to ditch them at the oropendola time but I know it is not a race, I've just got to recover right. I do need them for stability outside, our pavements are rough and I nearly got swept off my feet by the slipstream of a lorry when out walking. I don't think he was particularly speeding although I did wave my crutches at him like an angry beetle. I think he just drove pretty close to me. I am walking a bit further every other day, the bug has wiped out my strength so my furthest is 3/4 of a mile and then a very sore leg for the next day.

The drain site took ages to heal, I'm pleased to say that it is fully closed now. I still have a very sore and tender bum, thats only to be expected. Weight loss is minimal but I've been feeding my cold......  ;D

I'm desperate to get into the pool but lovely hubby as had to return to work so I'm flying solo and have no transport. Is 6 miles to the pool, very rural so taxis not an option. I'm about to start asking my friends to take me, which I'm sure they won't mind.

All in all it's not the speediest of recoveries but I know I'll get there, it's all steps forward to my renewed, rejuvenated and restored future. Hip surgery is miraculous, you guys and all the support and friendship on ths site is bloody marvellous. A huge thank you to you all.

Sal xx
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

hernanu

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 07:54:32 AM »
Sal, it actually sounds like a pretty good recovery (except for getting sick).

My brother in law is at one year or so and is cranking along with his Corin mini hip, working out four times a week, practicing law on his feet quite a bit during the day, feeling fine.

Great steps forward, Sal.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anna

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
A big YIPPEEEEEE for the 4 weeks mark. That seems to have gone so fast!!! Keep going Sal. A steady recovery with no mishaps is a good recovery  :)

Spanielsal

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 06:18:51 PM »
Yay, thanks Hun.  Just want to get you fixed now!  Sending vibes .......

kamoynsgi

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »
Four weeks sure has flown!  You look to be making good progress Sal even with your setback, well done.  Do you get any pain if you walk without the crutches? 

Ka

L Hip Resurfaced 9 August 2012

Spanielsal

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »
Getting there! It's a bit tight Ka, in the bruised tissues but no pain as such. I just do the waddle walk, trendelenburg gait I think it's called where your upper body swings over. I think I should correct that with exercise, at least I hope so!  How are you getting on?

kamoynsgi

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2012, 05:09:24 AM »
Hi Sal

I am making gains, though some days better than others, had bad lower back pain for the first time yesterday but cleared with some meds and heat pack.  I'm getting a bit frustrated with my gait too, I think I limped for so long before the op that there is some muscle memory there!  Going on one crutch ok but find that I ache if I do this for too long.  Was expecting to be able to do some tidy steps without crutches, there is no pain as such but then why the limp!

Have found that concentrating on my posture does help, head up straight back, no slouching.  Just need to do more exercise I think.  Few nice walks in the sunshine today, hope the weather is good for you too.  Also can't wait to have a nice long bath.

Ka
L Hip Resurfaced 9 August 2012

Spanielsal

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »
They cut through the gluteus mediums in my op, this I believe is the muscle that s weak and causing my waddle. Apparently the exercise lifting the leg out to the side will help this.  I'm now so happy to be swimming again.

Try the leg lifts, it might help you?

Sal x

Mike D

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 12:55:13 PM »
Sal-
How's the hip healing? I see you're swimming, how did that feel the first time you got in?
I'm gonna wait till I see Mr Treacy to go swimming, I'm sure I'd be ok but it's only 10 days till I see him so I'll wait.
What about an exercise bike-have you tried that?
I used to go on mine quite a bit to ease the OA, and it's another thing I'm looking forward to trying.
Hope all is well, Mike.
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Spanielsal

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »
Hey Mike! Good o hear from you.  The swimming felt so good, free, light and relaxing. I'm a water baby so was straight back at home. I can crawl front and back and have a whole sheet of exercises! Fantastic.

Had a setback on rough ground; walking up a steep hill with crutches was not clever. Back to normal now. Almost off the crutches in the house but still clinging to them out and about. Somehow my sticks feel unstable now. I think it's the lorry slipstream that panicked me. I'm sure I'll get stronger. A little old lady was sucked under a lorry in a town near ours, I really felt how that could be possible, despite the fact that I'm a sturdy burd! It practically lifted me off my feet.  Just need to eat a few more choccy biccies To weigh me down  ;D just kidding!

How are you doing? I haven't tried the bike but am promised a gym program once I get stronger in the pool.  You are lucky seeing mr T in 10 days, I see someone else and on the 11th Oct!  My car insurance said any doc old sign me back on so I'll see the GP.

Hope you are getting on well, Mike.

Sal x

Spanielsal

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 01:58:28 AM »
I'm so excited, at 5 weeks and one day I hit a milestone - only you guys would understand most people would give me the crazy lady look.

I turned over in bed past the operated side without thinking and it was fine! I now quite regularly forget my crutches and go back for them when setting off outside, get into bed quite normally, and can do most things.

Hurrah! I'm doing really well but the turn over in bed, well something special! I love my bed especially now I have to leave it at 5.45am every morning!

Anna

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 02:23:41 AM »
In the words of Queen "Dont stop me now, im having such a good time, im having a ball ............. "

Hurrrah. Go Sally!  ;D

Spanielsal

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 02:41:32 AM »
Singing along, into my hairbrush!

Thanks Anna!  This'll be you soon xx

Mike D

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 07:35:49 AM »
 Sounds good Sal. I love those little milestone moments, sometimes a minor thing feels like a huge triumph.
The weeks are flying by. We'll soon be fit to be let loose into society once again!
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

hernanu

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2012, 11:05:58 AM »
You guys sounds great! excellent, remember to push yourselves a bit but stay within your bounds. Complete opposites, but they work for hippies.

Anna, your time will come...
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Spanielsal

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »
And today I achieved the mile ......

rubyred

• Never Give Up
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
And today I achieved the mile ......

Yay!! I've no idea how long I'm walking, but I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well :-)
LBHR - 9th August 2012 - Mr R. Treacy

Welcome back to life.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM