+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Fellow De Smet patients after 5 months  (Read 5178 times)

Tim Bratten

Fellow De Smet patients after 5 months
« on: August 03, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
When De Smet did my surgery in February I was part of a sequence of twelve surgeries he did over a two day period. I got to know a few of the other medical tourists during the rehab and recently my wife sent out some e-mails at the five month mark to see how things were going. Four people wrote back (three had resurfacings and the other had a ceramic THR because of damage to the hip from a car accident). It seems everyone is happy with their results and recovering well, so I thought I'd give kudos to the good Doctor by posting here. Meanwhile, I'll be sending x-rays to De Smet in a couple of weeks for a six-month check up, but I don't suppose there should be any problem because it seems my recovery from revision surgery is going quite well.
Cheers
Tim Bratten
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:11:45 PM by Tim Bratten »
Botched LHR by Dr. Vilicich 06-17-2010 revised by Koen De Smet 02-14-2012
RHR Koen De Smet 02-05-2014

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Fellow De Smet patients after 5 months
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »
Hi Tim

Thanks for the note.  I kept in touch with a handful of De Smet hippies that were with me in 2006.  We emailed on and off for a year or so. As far as I know, none had any problems and were back to normal lives with their hip resurfacings.

Thanks for taking time to post your information and story. It is important to know a hr can be revisied to a THR and you can still be very active without restrictions when done by a great surgeon with the proper device.  It was too bad you did not start with De Smet in the begining.  I will be interested to see which way you go with your next hip.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Dannywayoflife

Re: Fellow De Smet patients after 5 months
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:21:52 PM »
Sounds like your doing well tim! Also good to hear that De Smets other patients are also doing well. Just goes to show what a great surgeon can do!
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat