+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Happy Double Surface Hippy in Northern Virginia  (Read 3528 times)

Tarhoo2

Happy Double Surface Hippy in Northern Virginia
« on: April 08, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »
I am four days post-op on my second BHR.  My first was done on 12/18/07.  Both surgeries were performed by Dr. Andy Engh and the very capable teams at Anderson Orthopaedic Clinic and the Inova Joint Replacement Center at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia.  While this procedure is not easy or painless and a certain level of commitment is necessary on the part of the patient, the opportunity to regain the ability to walk and participate in normal activities, with no pain is truly a gift.  I still have a ways to go, but the prospect of trading the pain and inactivity I have experienced over the last several years (probably more like five to seven years), for the prospect of living a normal life is overwhelming.  I would like to publicly thank Dr. Andy and all the other folks involved for the gift they have given me.

Jim
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:30:29 PM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Happy Double Surface Hippy in Northern Virginia
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »
Hi Jim

Congratulations on your second hip! Your are a Double Surface Hippy!

Glad to hear your recovery is going well for you. 

I hope you have a great summer with 2 new BHRs.  Sounds like Dr. Engh is an excellent surgeon with a great staff.

Good Luck and keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 09:33:27 AM »
Hi Jim

I have your story posted on the main website  http://www.surfacehippy.info/hipstories08/jim08.php  The link is from the Hip Stories Page.

If you have any updates, send me the info including any photos or videos. I will be happy to post them.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Tarhoo2

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 06:52:41 PM »
Thanks, Pat, and thanks for the very valuable resource you provide members of our community.  I hope that I too can be of help to folks who are considering BHR or going through the process and look forward to providing whatever advice I can offer.  Best regards,  Jim

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat