+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: X-ray Technique to Routinely Achieve Proper Acetabular Inclination by Dr. Gros  (Read 4205 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Dr. Gross prepared and presented a very interesting study listed below about how to achieve the proper acetabular inclination < 50 degrees by x-ray technique.

http://www.surfacehippy.info/technique-achieve-50%20degree%20angle-hip-resurfacing-gross-2012.php

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Tin Soldier

So when they refer to "repositioning the cup during surgery", is that after the cup has been hammered into place?  It seems like once the placement is done, you wouldn't want to mess around with it.

Interesting study.  I recall some discussion here awhile back regarding intra-operative x-rays and the importance of them.

Thanks
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
They have what I would call a trial jig to check the angle of the acetabular cup before it is placed.  They need to make sure everything is correct, before permanently placing the cup.  Once in, they are not able to move them as far as I know. They better be permanent.  I have seen different surgeons really pull and jerk on the cup to make sure it is really placed tightly.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

23109VC

Does Dr. Gross use the X-ray during the surgery to place the acetabular component?
Sean
Dr. Gross- Left Hip - 2/23/11, Right Hip 7/19/23

metoo

Dr Gross performed my surgery on May 16.  When he stopped by the hospital room the following morning he brought with him  an xray that had been taken either sometime during surgery or just after.  All the components were in place, so I can't say whether the xray was taken before they "closed me up".   The Xray had some lines added to it that showed the angle of the cup, so it appeared that it was used to verify the placement.
Right hip.  Dr Gross, 5/16/2012

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal