+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Has anyone in NYC had a hip resurfacing with Dr. Su?  (Read 1756 times)

Roberta

Has anyone in NYC had a hip resurfacing with Dr. Su?
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »
I have an appointment with Dr. Su in December to be evaluated for hip resurfacing. I am still and have been very active and in good shape, but I am a woman who is 68 years old. After the results of a bone density test on Monday I will know more.

If there is anyone willing to talk about their experience with Dr. Su, I would be delighted.

Thank you.

David

Re: Has anyone in NYC had a hip resurfacing with Dr. Su?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:52:17 PM »
Roberta, you should not have a worry in the world, you are in the best hands with Dr. Su...period.
RBHR Dr. Su 8/29/2011
www.jayasports.com

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:06:40 AM »
Agreed.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Tin Soldier

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »
There's a lot of happy Dr. Su hipsters here.  Agreed, heard nothing but excellent reviews. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Mr.Box

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »
Hi Roberta,

I'm scheduled with Dr. Su for a bilateral on Friday Sept 14th. I post semi-regular here and I can help give you some first hand experience if you'd like. From everything I've heard on this site, Dr. Su seems to be top 5 in the world at the surgery. He's hands down one of the best.

Good Luck!
Bilateral BHR with Dr. Su 9/14/12

Roberta

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »
I have also heard only wonderful reports about him and will be very interested in your upcoming experience. Are you on Skype? Can you do that from the hotel or hospital?

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 05:26:28 AM »
Skype and Facetime wouldn't work on the NYU Langone Med Center system last year when I was there.  I never asked why but I assumed that it was because of HIPAA privacy rules.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

todd4e

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 08:47:45 PM »
Dr. Su resurfaced my left hip almost five years ago. I have nothing but great things to say about him and his staff. It was as good an experience as surgery can be. BTW, given the current condition of my right hip, I, unfortunately, expect to be a patient of Dr. Su once again in the near future. Not happy about it. But glad to have one of the best docs around. My one piece of advice: get in great shape before surgery, if you can. I'm convinced that it made recovery much, much easier.

David

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 09:41:32 PM »
good advice Todd...
RBHR Dr. Su 8/29/2011
www.jayasports.com

Mr.Box

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 09:58:18 PM »
I'll probably be on my laptop, but not skype. It's a work computer and it doesn't have any cameras. ( Thank god ) Those stay at home conference calls would be scary if they could see me with unkempt hair and beard.

I'm going in Wednesday for Pre-op screening, joint replacement class ( oh joy, a bunch of people in pain ), and some pre op work ups.

Thursday - create a nest at home and do my final yard work of the late summer / early fall and hope my nerves don't scare the heck out of me.

Friday - Surgery ( will find out time the day prior )
Bilateral BHR with Dr. Su 9/14/12

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat