+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Day 6 post op 2nd physical therapy session  (Read 1032 times)

hoyt66

• Champions are measured by their ability to overcom
Day 6 post op 2nd physical therapy session
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
Therapist just left. Man she worked me out hard. I'm in OK shape and I almost feel like she went until I said "uncle". I feel sick to my stomach. Maybe it's all the acids that were being released from my leg...who knows. Glad to be putting time between me and the surgery. The muscle in my thigh just feels so raw.
Right BHR Dr. Schmitt 9/11/12

Tin Soldier

Re: Day 6 post op 2nd physical therapy session
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:33:37 PM »
My first session with the PT was unbearable.  The pain was pretty severe and I felt like I was going to yak.  On the second hip it wasn't bad at all.  Not sure why.  I keep saying there was littl pain after surgery, I should qualify that, "as long as you're not doing PT for the first time."   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

John C

Re: Day 6 post op 2nd physical therapy session
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 11:18:11 PM »
For what its worth, Dr. Gross is strongly against aggressive PT for at least the first six weeks due to problems that some of his patients experienced from over enthusiastic PT. Just to be safe, you might want to check and be sure that your doctor and your PT are communicating about how much should be done this early on.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats