+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Post op day 7 EPIC FAIL  (Read 2554 times)

hoyt66

• Champions are measured by their ability to overcom
Post op day 7 EPIC FAIL
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
So I had a rough night sleeping. Couldn't get comfortable. I got a migraine around three, up at 7 with "half" the migraine. I had my first full round of PT yesterday so my thigh was soooo sore when I stood on it. I

walked (with my walker) to the bathroom. By the time I reached the bathroom I was drenched in sweat and thought I was going down. The pain was tremendous. My wife helped me back to bed where I relaxed for an hour

and tried again. Better second attempt. Wierd thing now is my thigh feel 100X better than yesterday now. It's almost like all that pain had to leave at once. I don't know, I just know I can semi flex it without pain

now.
Right BHR Dr. Schmitt 9/11/12

hernanu

Re: Post op day 7 EPIC FAIL
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:53:11 AM »
Yikes hoyt! scared the hell out of me there with that title.

The body does strange things when it's recouping, I didn't have an individual ouch moment like that, but whatever works - you feel better now?

Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

hoyt66

• Champions are measured by their ability to overcom
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:03:09 PM »
I'm sorry. That is a poor choice for a title. My mistake. Yes, I feel way better. I can actually flex my thigh a little without pain and I'm walking in stride with the walker. Small steps but at least a continual gait. It did shake me up this morning though. I never felt like before. I tried to move my walker to get back to bad and I couldn't even lift it. Weird.
Right BHR Dr. Schmitt 9/11/12

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:27:16 PM »
I can see why. Sounds like it released something that needed releasing.

The important thing is how you feel now. If you want to work it out in your mind, it  maybe worth mentioning to your surgeon's office, I'd bet they have run into the like before.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
Hang in there Hoyt, everyone has ups and downs as they recover.  That was a big down, but you bounced back.  You are on the road to recovery, you'll get there.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Spanielsal

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 01:39:01 PM »
Hoyt, take heart in only 6 weeks you'll be great. Today s my six week birthday, no crutches, no pain, sleeping well, no pills, I know I've had it done still, mostly because the scar is so darn itchy but I'm lucky mine is down the side of my leg so not toooooooooo embarrassing to be rubbing it!

Hang on to the recovery roller coaster you just have to ride it, but you'll soon be there.
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

Tin Soldier

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 03:54:32 PM »
I expected a truly epic fail, like a femoral neck fracture.  That would freakin suck.  Sounds like you got things squared up a bit and making some progress.  Even at 1 and 1.5 years, I still get overly sore from running hard/sprinting, but the next morning there is no pain.  Maybe we're so used to a sustained bone pain that we expect our overstretched soft tissue to be painful for a few days.  Nice that it went away quickly.

Sal - good job, no more posterier restrictions, time to start tying the shoes.  It may take some time, weeks before, you notice an improvement in ROM.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Spanielsal

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
Shoelaces!!!! Tin, thanks, just have to work on the soft tissues to get there! It's all good from here. Sal
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »
Make sure you tell the PT this.  They say listen to your body, and perhaps yours is saying "Less aggressive PT, please."

As Hernan has said 10,000 times (at least I think it's him), the recovery is a marathon, not a sprint.  No need to push and push the PT in the first week.

But, I am glad the issue doesn't match the title as well.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat