+-

Author Topic: 8 days post op rt BHR Mr Mcminn  (Read 3345 times)

happy hippy

8 days post op rt BHR Mr Mcminn
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »
feeling very stiff in hip area, very difficult to raise knee when standing....had left done 3 years but cannot remember what recovery was like....feel like I'm slower to recover this time round ??
rt BHR 11/09/12....lft BHR 29/10//09 Mr Mcminn

hernanu

Re: 8 days post op rt BHR Mr Mcminn
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »
All of that sounds normal to me, at 8 days, you're barely getting going. Welcome to the bi-hippy world!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »
Congrats mate! Sounds just like my post op stiffness. Eat well and rest and ice and I'm sure you'll be good to go!
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Anna

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »
Hey happy hippy,

Glad to hear you are on the right side of the op. Im sure everything will be fine, just keep smiling  :)
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

hoyt66

• Champions are measured by their ability to overcom
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
Congrats! I'm 8 days as well. Your progress sounds the same as mine. I'm just trying to be patient. Good luck to both of us!
Right BHR Dr. Schmitt 9/11/12

happy hippy

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 09:17:40 AM »
Thank you....thought I was 'normal' but nice to get reassurance. Does anyone get aching down whole leg to calf, think it's because I'm walking quite stiffly

rubyred

• Never Give Up
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 10:01:22 AM »
Sounds all very standard to me. My whole operated leg felt like it had all been put together wrongly! My aches started at the incision point and goes right down to the knee and I get pains in my shins if I walk for too long. My main aches and pains have mostly resolved now with the exception of the groin and knee.

When I had my 6 week follow up yesterday, I was told to expect that for at least another month or so. If it's any consolation, i'm at 6 weeks post op and I still cannot raise my leg that well!
LBHR - 9th August 2012 - Mr R. Treacy

Welcome back to life.

lycraman

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:45 AM »
Hey Happyhippy

Think we were operated on on the same day, 11th September, in Birmingham. I was fantastic for the first week in hospital and had absolutely no problems, but this second week has brought on similar problems to you.  I think it is just that you start to do more and our expectations rise, only to be knocked back by our bodies which are still trying to recover.  I can't raise my operated leg much and my knee won't bend (at one dark moment I convinced myself I'd never be able to cycle again!). Reading all the comments on here though has made me realise that it takes time and lots of the exercises from the physio to get muscles working in the right order. I do feel a bit stranded without the physio to talk to each day or so, and Mr Treacy warned (threatened?!) me about not going to see my local physio for at least 6 weeks.
Left Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
11th September 2012
Mr Ronan Treacy 54mm head 60mm cup

happy hippy

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
Hi lycraman....funny how thoses dark moments are always in the middle of the night and become huge but by morning are never so bad. know what you mean about the physio. How are you doing this week ? I can raise the leg better but am getting cramp in my calf.....really need a good stretch. 2 crutches for another 2 weeks driving me mad and no driving for 4 ahhhhh (frustration) How much are you walking ?

lycraman

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 12:07:34 AM »
Hi Happy Hippy

I've had a real roller coaster over the last three weeks. First week at home (6 days post op) I was walking well with the crutches and found a slow couple of miles to the cafe and back no problem.  Strangely, by the beginning of this week (13 days post op) I was struggling to walk further than the shop, which is 1/4 mile, if that, and the nights have been difficult with horrible pain trying to move the knee after resting.  I've concentrated on the physio exercise bending the knee and finally managed to get on my static bike and did a number of short 10 minute sessions with no resistance.  Each time it has got easier and enabled me to start walking again. The last two days I've been back doing my 1 mile walk to the cafe and 1 mile back journey and feeling much better. Today I even did it with just one crutch and stopped off at the pub on the way back! I'm walking round at home with no crutches without a problem. I feel like I've really turned a corner but it is so up and down and the exercises are crucial. My inner thigh muscles and i t band are still incredibly painful after resting but it seems to be getting easier. I'm now 18 days post op and it is amazing how much muscle wastage I have so its hardly surprising that the muscles aren't working properly and need lots of encouragement to fire in the right order.  Its a long process and hard work is the only way forward.  Keep at it!
Left Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
11th September 2012
Mr Ronan Treacy 54mm head 60mm cup

hernanu

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »
lycraman, I'm glad you're turning the first corner. The enjoyment will keep coming.

happy hippy, the time does pass slowly for us, but all of a sudden it's done and then you go on with life. You're right where you need to be, just keep it up.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Recent Posts

Re: Travelling for Resurfacing during Covid-19 by Saddlepal3
Yesterday at 08:59:57 PM

Re: Pain on Rising by jimbone
Yesterday at 01:24:59 AM

Re: Travelling for Resurfacing during Covid-19 by BionicHip
Yesterday at 12:00:02 AM

My 8yr Bi-Lat Anniversary by Gino_Tortellini
December 03, 2020, 09:25:02 PM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal