+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Last sunday 9-16-12  (Read 6974 times)

B.I.L.L.

Last sunday 9-16-12
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »
Rode the main track at Glen Helen and took some gopro footage. Went 2-2 for 2nd out of 9. Hip no problem, little sore after but no more than any other parts  :o 8)

Moto 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFimhYh8Wfo
Moto 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYCfScbS2JM

obxpelican

Re: Last sunday 9-16-12
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »
You are the man!

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:29:49 AM »
You are the man!

Chuck

Hahaha hardly but Thanks Chuck. Thats the over 50 novice class, theres a bhr, a thr, a guy with a fake knee, a cancer survivor, a diabetic, and I think everyone in the class has some kind of pins or plate somewhere, as a whole were a mess, but it sure is fun. ;)  I'm just glad I can still ride. Better living through science !!

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:43:04 AM »
Sounds like a fun group of 50+ses... Enough to drive an airport security team crazy.

I'm with Chuck - you are the man (plus some extra parts)..  ;D
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Mike D

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
Bill-
Thats a great bit of film, congrats on the 2nd placings.You lot make for an interesting bunch with plenty of battle scars!
Have you rode a heavy motorcycle with the new hip at all? I have an old Suzuki GS1000 which I'm really hoping I won't find too heavy to handle.
I managed fine with it before my surgery, even on the days when the OA was hurting a lot, but it's a concern that the big old air cooled beast will be a bit too much on the hip.
I'm not intending to get back on it this year, more like April when it warms up. What do you reckon?
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 02:09:13 AM »
Bill-
Thats a great bit of film, congrats on the 2nd placings.You lot make for an interesting bunch with plenty of battle scars!
Have you rode a heavy motorcycle with the new hip at all? I have an old Suzuki GS1000 which I'm really hoping I won't find too heavy to handle.
I managed fine with it before my surgery, even on the days when the OA was hurting a lot, but it's a concern that the big old air cooled beast will be a bit too much on the hip.
I'm not intending to get back on it this year, more like April when it warms up. What do you reckon?

I don't think you'll have any trouble at all.  The hardest part about getting back to riding for me was putting the thing in and out of the truck and getting my leg over the back fender, riding is the easy part  ;)  You're going to be surprised how much better and stronger your hip is gonna feel in 7 months. Riding will be easy, you're going to be a happy camper and riding pain free, when was the last time that happened ?  ;D  You really are gonna be amazed at what 7 months of healing will bring.

Mike D

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 07:48:53 PM »
Cheers Bill-sounds good to me!
Getting back on the GS is probably gonna be the last thing to complete on my 'to do' list. Once the new year is here I know I'll be itching to get back out.
Thanks for the positive vibes.
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »
Wow.  That looks like a total blast!
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020