+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Is there a woman who is over 65 who has had hip resurfacing out there?  (Read 963 times)

Roberta

I am a 68 year old, fit, active, NYC woman, 5'2", with 21.1 BMI and good bone density, but bilateral bone on bone hip arthritis. I walk like a penguin, but don't have pain yet.

Because I am in a high risk category due to my age and smaller bones, only a few doctors, no one local, will perform hip resurfacing on me. I am wondering if there is anyone else out there who has handled a problem like this or knows of someone who has?

If you care to share your experience, I would be most grateful.

By the way, did you know that you can share x-rays and CAT scans without charge or the use of any postal service?

Best,

Roberta

lyn

Re: Is there a woman who is over 65 who has had hip resurfacing out there?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
Hi Roberta, I suggest you check with Dr. Gross. His practice is primarily dedicated to HR. Im  a small boned women, 5'2 with good bone density. Im 51 yrs old. He did my right hip 24 days ago . He will give you an honest opinion. Check him out if you can. Lyn

mari

Re: Is there a woman who is over 65 who has had hip resurfacing out there?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »
Dr. Gross resurfaced my hip when I was 62.  That was about 3 1/2 years ago.  He told me my other one would probably need to be done in the future, but I am not having any trouble with it yet.  I too wonder at what age it is not an option anymore.  My bone density was good at that time and recovery went well.  Dr. Gross doesn't take Medicare, so if I decide to quite working and have to use Medicare my options may be limited in the future if I need the other hip done.
Right Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Gross February 2009

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat