+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Migraine every night?  (Read 2039 times)

hoyt66

• Champions are measured by their ability to overcom
Migraine every night?
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:32:59 PM »
Well every night except one. I'm 2 weeks post op today. I'm eating pretty good (not to much and not to much sugar if any) I can't figure out why I am getting them at night. Does it have something

to do with my laying flat? I'm  taking a Vico-profin twice a day.Morning and evening. Everything else is going pretty good. I'm using a cane and pt is going well. I have a follow up appt with Dr

.Schmitt tomorrow. I'm so close to sleeping in the recliner but would rather not.

P.s. I do suffer from migraines prior to surgery, like one every three months or so
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:34:40 PM by hoyt66 »
Right BHR Dr. Schmitt 9/11/12

hernanu

Re: Migraine every night?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
Your body is still under a lot of stress, the anesthetics may not have completely left your body, etc.

I had massive night sweats for a month, which stopped at about that time. I'd talk to Dr. Schmitt and maybe sleep for one night in the recliner, see if it makes a difference.

Hope this clears up soon, migraines are not funny.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

hoyt66

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 03:24:46 PM »
Your body is still under a lot of stress, the anesthetics may not have completely left your body, etc.

I had massive night sweats for a month, which stopped at about that time. I'd talk to Dr. Schmitt and maybe sleep for one night in the recliner, see if it makes a difference.

Hope this clears up soon, migraines are not funny.
Thanks Hernanu. I'll post tomorrow with what Dr Schmitt has to say

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »
I agree with Hern that you should try sleeping in a recliner if you have one.  A lot of hippies sleep in the recliner just because they find it more comfortable at first.

Good luck, this will pass, quickly I hope.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

hoyt66

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »
Just left Dr. Schmitt. He said the migraines were attributed to the pain medicine. They have been tapering off as I have been eliminating the pain meds. I hope this trend continues. On another note...Dr. Schmitt said everything looks good . So...everything looks good!!

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
Very cool. I thought that would be the issue, we are under heavy meds for the operation and maybe onwards for a bit.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

hoyt66

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 08:20:23 AM »
Migraine free night last night!!!!!!!!!! ;) Now.....I was still kept awake here and there with sciatic pain. I put a pillow under my knee, lay on my side and my stomach but no relief. Thoughts???

Marco Polo

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »
Glad to hear your recovery continues to go well and the migraines have stopped.

Best wishes,

Mark
Marco, RBHR, Della Valle, 3/29/13

Tin Soldier

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
Sounds good about the Migraines.   But sorry about the sciatica.  Maybe some heat or massage on the lower back? would loosen things up and give the sciatic nerve a little room.  Maybe the nerve is getting pinched from the swelling in the hip (more ice and PT exercises).  Maybe the extra crutch work and new form of walking (temporarrilly) is putting more work on your back and causing the sciatic problems?  Just some ideas. A PT might be able to give you some ideas.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.  The pillows under legs, for me, was the answer to leg discomfort.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

hoyt66

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 07:13:49 AM »
Had another migraine last night. Ugh! I may have over done it at physical therapy yesterday. No, I know I over did it. It's so hard to say "No. I can't do it." In stead I push thru all exercises as if I'm

trying to impress my wrestling coach from high school. We have to listen to our bodies and be honest with ourselves with what our limitations are. There is a fine line there right? Anyway my

sciatic pain was off the chart when I laid flat for bed last night. I'm wondering if these direct pain signals are what triggering the migraines. Uneducated guess there obviously but just throwing it

out there.

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
Hoyt, sorry to hear that this setback contunues.  Just remermber, like most other sertbacks that we all have during recovery; this one will pass
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

hoyt66

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »
Hoyt, sorry to hear that this setback contunues.  Just remermber, like most other sertbacks that we all have during recovery; this one will pass

Thanks Woodstock. I just finished a "light" round of pt on my own minus the "sensitive" exercises and I'm icing down now. We press on!!

Tin Soldier

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »
Maybe there is something to the connection of the sciati pain and the migraines.  Maybe take it down a notch on the PT, stop coffee, drink tons of water, and get lots of rest, and ice, ice, ice. 

I used to get the aural migraines followed with head pain for a few hours when I was younger.  Not sure what the cause was.  Although in my 30s there was a period where I would get the same migraine with the visual problmes, but much less pain and they would follow a heavy workout like a soccer ga,e.  Thats without heading the ball too, so I know it was related to over exersion.  My coworker had the same sort of issue in his 40s, then it went away.   Maybe that's the same sort of cause for you with the PT.  Throw in some recovery issues from surgery both physically around the joint and chemically with regards to the various meds you've been taking, and your head may be more sensitvie to the standard migraine causes?

More rambling here, but just some thoughts.  Hang in there.

hoyt66

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »
Maybe there is something to the connection of the sciati pain and the migraines.  Maybe take it down a notch on the PT, stop coffee, drink tons of water, and get lots of rest, and ice, ice, ice. 

I used to get the aural migraines followed with head pain for a few hours when I was younger.  Not sure what the cause was.  Although in my 30s there was a period where I would get the same migraine with the visual problmes, but much less pain and they would follow a heavy workout like a soccer ga,e.  Thats without heading the ball too, so I know it was related to over exersion.  My coworker had the same sort of issue in his 40s, then it went away.   Maybe that's the same sort of cause for you with the PT.  Throw in some recovery issues from surgery both physically around the joint and chemically with regards to the various meds you've been taking, and your head may be more sensitvie to the standard migraine causes?

More rambling here, but just some thoughts.  Hang in there.

Thanks Tin,

I guess i could cut back on coffee and up my water intake

Tin Soldier

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
just go slow on the coffee decrease.  I get splitting headaches when coming off the stuff. 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat