+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Longevity of hip - old post news sought  (Read 1679 times)

Spanielsal

Longevity of hip - old post news sought
« on: October 04, 2012, 04:54:27 AM »
I read a post a while back about hip resurfacing with oxinium coating where Vicky quoted Katie who had one of the prototype BHRs in 1991, at the age of 21, she'd been diagnosed with cdh as a child and later she went on to have to children born at 3 and 8 yrs post op I think.  I can't find the post but I would love to know how Katie is getting on, she'll be 22 yrs post op and I can't think of anything more fascinating than hearing how she's getting on.  Pat, are you able to trace her through Vicky?

Curious Sal
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

Dannywayoflife

Re: Longevity of hip - old post news sought
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 05:04:26 AM »
I "think" she's a member on vicky's site. Might be worth posting on her page to ask. I suspect that she's just getting on with life and has generally forgotten about the HR.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Spanielsal

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:41:38 AM »
I don't know anything about Vicky's site she has never posted whilst I've been a member.

I haven't been around here that long! Despite just noticing that I've become a senior member  :) :D ;D 8)

I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:25:31 AM »
Sal,
     Vicky very rarely posts on here as she has her own separate site and discussion group. Just re read your first post the device placed in the lady wouldn't of had the oxinium coating I believe it was just one of the first McMinn resurfacing devices that he started out with. I asked Mr Treacy about that stage of the development of the BHR and he said the devices like kate's were very very crude in comparison the the end result the BHR.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »
Hi

Here is Katie's story

http://www.surfacehippy.info/katieellis91.php

I don't believe her BHR would have oxinium coating since it was  among McMinn's first patients. 

I looked back since I had emailed with Katie to get her update in 2007, but I have changed computers twice since then and could not find it.

Vicky does have her own website.  We have had our differences over several things including the use of the Surface Hippy name which I own the Trademark for.  My website was started in December 2005 and hers September 2008 with a similar  name.  So there has been much confusion.  My site is owned by me and I have complete control of it.

I will try to look back for Katies email when I get time.  Unfortunately, I have thousands of emails and it is not always easy to find some.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz