+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: HOW TO COP INSURANCE  (Read 3329 times)

Anne

HOW TO COP INSURANCE
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:31:26 PM »
Hello there everyone.  After months - years actually - of work researching, eliminating options, taking films and bone scans, losing weight, talking via e-mail to De Smet, I've made to decison to have a BHR.

PROBLEM:  No insurance.  How do I cop insurance and guarantee coverage?  I am disabled with Med-I-Cal and Medicare in California, and there's not a snowball's chance in ^%## they'll pay for it.  Any help you can lend will be of great help to me.  I'm in the "severe arthritis" stage, and Koen De Smet books 10-16 weeks out.

I only want De Smet.

Anne
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 02:40:53 PM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: HOW TO COP INSURANCE
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:46:29 PM »
Hi

I gave an answer under a different question.  I will repeat it here since no one probably has a better one.  I wish I could make the magic happen and get you insurance - but just don't know how.

Getting insurance when you have hip problems is basically impossible.  I tried and could not get any.  Once you have hip, knee or joint problems - you can't get insurance.  THat's our great American Health Care System.

I don't know if you could possibly get your coverage to pay for a hip resurfacing.  You might check my California doctors list to see who might take your insurance. 

Dr. De Smet is the best - but it would cost more than $18,000 to go there.  It cost us that much 2 years ago and the dollar keeps losing value against the Euro.

Dr. Bose of India is also a great surgeon.  You can do him for $10,000 to $12,000   

I am sorry I don't have any solution to getting new insurance.  If you find one, please let me know because both my husband and I don't have any.  His heart attack and triple bypass cost $104,000    The hospital wrote it off to chairty for us.  We were very lucky.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

xocy

Re: HOW TO COP INSURANCE
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »
Ann, insurance is not something you "COP".
Mike
Bilateral
Dr. Thomas Gross
Left 6/23/08  Right 6/25/08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat