+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Made appointment to be a Bilat  (Read 764 times)

fenceman

Made appointment to be a Bilat
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:43:09 PM »
Just made the appointment to be a Bilat in Dec.  Left BHR is 4yrs & 2 month old and doing well.  I have been stressing about when to have the right hip done because it has slowly been degrading.  The last 2 week after a couple of hard workouts it began to really bother me to the point the pain killers did not help too much.  Almost pulled out the dreaded cane to help get around yesterday.

I am bummed that I will miss this Ski Season, but figure I can use the holiday time to recover. I do feel a little better now that I have made the appointment.   I will keep you updated.

Bill
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

lycraman

Re: Made appointment to be a Bilat
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »
Good luck Fenceman.  Just focus on how much better next year's ski season will be on your new hip!  I've written off my winter cycling (I'm 6 weeks post op) but the recovery has been so good that I've just booked a Christmas holiday with my partner, which includes 30-40k cycling a day and quite a bit of trekking in Jordan.  It looks like a nice way to ease myself back in (and spending Christmas with my partner will be brilliant).
Left Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
11th September 2012
Mr Ronan Treacy 54mm head 60mm cup

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 03:19:46 PM »
Good luck also, fenceman. I can tell you that having the second done (really needed it) has completely cleared the decks for me physically. I just felt great in not having to wait for the second shoe to drop.

I got the same results on the second so far as the first, hope the same for you.

Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
Fence;

Best of luck for #2, you're in very good hands and if like my 2nd with Dr. Brooks, it was way, way easier than #1 (since the do the worst one first).  Although after 4 years of degeneration, it may be a challenge etc.  Just remember the ice routine and staying ahead of the pain, and you'll be smilin in no time.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Recent Posts

New to resurfacing wondering about surgeons by smartinny
Yesterday at 02:20:37 AM

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM