+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Over did it again.  (Read 3571 times)

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Over did it again.
« on: October 29, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »
Felt like everything was doing great been happily walking any distance , running up numerous flights of stairs and generally feeling good. Then today clunking like mad and a lot of discomfort. I thought it was because I had just been acting normal.
Then my Dad pointed out that yesterday I went out to his boat with him and we discovered that his tempoarary cover was full with water to the extent of making the engine vents were submerged. So I jumped on the back grabbed a 10 litre bucket and scooped 30+ buckets of water out which lifted the whole boat quite considerably.

Then I am sitting he depressed thinking I cannot do normal things. As Dad just pointed out he was knackered just watching me and reckons anyone would have been sore after that. So hopefully a couple of days I should be OK fingers crossed.

Jas
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Anna

Re: Over did it again.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »
Eeeeeek, fingers crossed for you Jason. Lots of REST!!!  :o
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:27:41 PM »
You should be good, Jason - all of us have overdone it, have then paid for it.

Your muscles are pushing back. Let'em rest, the clunking should go and you'll be back to it. What I learned after my numerous setbacks was to give myself a few days after one to rest and refit before I got too nervous.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:28:13 PM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:48:37 PM »
Hern's right on target, also had a few, after a couple days, back to where I was.  All muscle stuff.  it just takes time and patience, which is the hardest part.

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Jason0411

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »
Just get extra worried since the crush incident.
Self repairing.

Tin Soldier

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
Hopefullly it will settle down.  I think I pulled something in my right hip from soccer recently, too much new ROM, that the soft tissue isn't used to.  Like Hern said, if I overdo it, it goes away pretty quickly, just need to lay off for awhile.  Hopefully the crush incident has all been squared up with bone, been awhile, so all you should be worrying about is the soft tissue.  I would think an x-ray and knowledgeable surgeon would be able to tell you that.

In my case I think I will stay away from soccer for a few weeks to couple months.  Maybe I should take up boating, I'm real good with a bucket ;) 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Jason0411

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 04:29:50 AM »
No cluncking when I walk this morning but still a little tenderness. Think I was panicking over nothing. The action on bending scooping lifting and twisting whilst lifting a bucket full of water 30+ times is probably not on the recommended list of Hippy excercises.

Just the normal niggle in the other hip whilst i am sitting so nearly back to normal will see if I can swim it off later.

Jas
Self repairing.

hernanu

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 10:12:32 AM »
Hey, we've all panicked at different times. Just par for the course, Jason.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

phillwad

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »
Take your time and enjoy some rest.  With my hips sometimes I think the tendons are finding new ways around the hardware - that has taken over a year to "settle down"

John C

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »
Hey Jason,
Really glad to hear that you are feeling better. It seems like this sort of thing may be part of our hippy lives. At 4 1/2 years out, I push my new hip pretty hard, and am delighted with it. Still, a few days ago I made an awkward lunge while playing tennis, and my hip let me know that it was not happy. No clunking, but the next few days felt an ache that felt deep in the bone, along with lots of soft tissue discomfort,  subtle shifting in the joint, and a general feeling of malaise in and around the joint. All in all, it was enough to get that little voice in the back of my mind to wonder what I had done. Now, five days later, all is well, as though nothing had happened.
Here's hoping that yours will feel good as new in a few days as well.

John
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat