+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: I am Working on Consolidating a lot of the Hip Stories  (Read 1387 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
I am Working on Consolidating a lot of the Hip Stories
« on: October 30, 2012, 11:22:24 AM »
I have been working for a month or so to try to gather each persons story together in one spot to post on the main website under Hip Stories.  I do that because it is much easier for new people to read one page about a person's story than go thru a lot of posts trying to piece it together.  Most people have been very happy that I am doing that.  Some people have sent me their own consolidations so I don't have to do it.  I don't mind and it helps me remember some of the problem cases too.  I have read thousands of stories and sometimes get them mixed up in my mind.  Guess I need a mind transplant at this point.

I had a couple people upset because I did consolidate their posts since they felt they were out of context.  I am not doing that on purpose.  They felt I did not have permission to do so.

The following is at the bottom of each page:

"Privacy

We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all.
You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderators to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post. "

So I felt it is OK to organize stories.  If you feel you don't want me to do so with your personal story, just send me an email.   pwalter@surfacehippy.info

Please remember that this discussion group is open to the public and all guests to read, so be aware what you post is seen by the world.

Thanks.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Baby Barista

Re: I am Working on Consolidating a lot of the Hip Stories
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »
Not that it matters either way, but whenever I've wanted to see a person's story from the beginning, I just click to their profile. From there you can see everything they have ever posted on the site.
LBHR Pritchett 01/23/12 - 52mm head, 58mm cup
RBHR Pritchett 12/10/12 - 52mm head, 58mm cup

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
When people are not very computer literate or just don't want to be on a discussion group, they often just look at the main website.  I have hundreds of pages on the main site with Hip Stories as a main feature.

I started a new section for the many current stories here

http://www.surfacehippy.info/hipresurfacing/

and older stories here

http://www.surfacehippy.info/hipstories.php

People have always sent me stories that they want posted.  Since they don't want to belong to the Discussion Group or post themselves, I have the Hip Stories Section.  The website is much older than the Hip Talk Discussion Group.

I also have a section for athletes to tell their stories

http://www.surfacehippy.info/athletes.php

There is a huge amount of info on the main website as well as the info here on the discussion group.  I tend to look at both to figure out how best share the message that "Hip Resurfacing is a Great Option."  Other folks are really interested in asking questions and sharing their current experiences.  Their goals and mine are not always the same - but both are very important.

Pat
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:13:12 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

lycraman

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »
Thanks Pat.  You are doing a fantastic job. I keep referring people to the site for reassurance and information.  It is a terrific resource.
Left Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
11th September 2012
Mr Ronan Treacy 54mm head 60mm cup

bluedevilsadvocate

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »
It is, indeed, a terrific resource.  Thanks for all of your work, Pat.
LBHR 10-20-2010
Dr. Brooks - Cleveland Clinic
Age 62 at time of surgery

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz