+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: A little bit of good press  (Read 1322 times)

Baby Barista

A little bit of good press
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »
As some on this site know, I work at a TV station. I'm emceeing a 5k fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation, the day before becoming a bilateral hippy. The Arthritis Foundation asked to shoot a PSA with me to promote the event. While they wouldn't let me mention the BHR by name, I was able to slip in that I have "one shiny metal hip... and another one on the way". I'll post the clip once the foundation sends me a link. Either way, I have control of the mic during the event, and plan to share my story with the expected 4,000 runners and walkers in attendance. I hope to be a good and fair ambassador for hip resurfacing.
LBHR Pritchett 01/23/12 - 52mm head, 58mm cup
RBHR Pritchett 12/10/12 - 52mm head, 58mm cup

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: A little bit of good press
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:53:58 AM »
Go for it   ;)  Don't let them tarnish your shiny metal hip!
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Dee Dee

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »
I know the feeling of paying it forward with the opportunities we have at work!  I work for a local faith-based magazine and was able to publish my story with 10,000 in print.  Pat put it on this website under hip resurfacing articles-general information
http://www.surfacehippy.info/pdf/Stepping-Out-dee-grider-2012.pdf

Praying you get to deliver the message you want to share!!! It feels good to help educate the public about HR!

Dee
Right HR  5-23-12  Dr. Gross
Left HR 12-5-12 Dr. Gross

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »
Wicked awesome, BB!!!... I got so hyped I allowed my inner Boston guy to show...
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

phillwad

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 03:40:50 AM »
Great opportunity - looking forward to hearing the clip

Tin Soldier

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
You rock!  All I've been able to do is write a blog and get mad at the punks who knock me around in soccer.  So many times I just wanted to tell them they're taking their hips for granted,... just kiddin.  I've done a lot of "talking" here, that's something.

I think its great that you get to be an ambassador of HR.  You should tell Dr. P about it, he'd probably think that was pretty cool.  Put in a good word for us, the generic metal HR prosthesis, the surgery, and the HR industry.

BTW - my Grandaddy worked for a large TV station many years ago in Seattle and he told me stories of having to fix antenaes on the Space Needle during earthquakes.  Tall tale? 

Please post when you it get it published.  That's is really cool.  And have a good surgery.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Statcounter

View My Stats