+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Superstorm Sandy - effect in Cleveland  (Read 12477 times)

phillwad

Superstorm Sandy - effect in Cleveland
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:20:05 AM »
We went down to Lake Eire over the last few days then I saw this photo on MSNBC of the Cleveland Breakwater Lighthouse.  Yes it was like this, not as bad here as NJ or NY but impressive that the storm could pack a punch this far away (about 450 miles).  Hope everyone is safe

Spanielsal

Re: Superstorm Sandy - effect in Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »
Incredible picture, ive seen some very shocking ones too. i have been thinking of all the east coast USA hippies.  Must be very hard times at the moment. 
I'm a Hippy Hybrid!  L HR Cormet 2000 - Mr Villar, 12th June 2003 and R Corin mini hip - Mr Villar 7th August 2012

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 04:13:55 PM »
I only dealt with the 60-90 mph winds, lost power for a couple of hours and cable for a couple. Very lucky, I know several friends who still don't have power or just got it back yesterday. Not near the coast though (about 20 miles from it), they were the folks that really got hit.

Lots of people took showers in the gym at work yesterday.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

phillwad

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 01:07:27 PM »
Even in Cleveland our son's school was closed for 3 days, church still does not have power.  It is hard to think about what it must be like on the East coast.

Recent Posts

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
Yesterday at 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
Yesterday at 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:16:11 AM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear