+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: BHR and Recap  (Read 1233 times)

Marco Polo

BHR and Recap
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
Any Bilaterals out there have both a BHR and Biomet Recap implant?

I am still on the fence between having Dr. Gross perform my surgery or a surgeon that uses the BHR and I am wondering if you noticed and differences in the way the devices feel or perform (Range of Motion, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Mark E.
Marco, RBHR, Della Valle, 3/29/13

Dannywayoflife

Re: BHR and Recap
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 03:55:50 AM »
To be honest I doubt that anyone would feel any difference between the 2. The main difference is obviously the biomet is cementless on the femoral side. The BHR uses cement however at 15+ years there's no sign of this cement failure that you sometimes hear about. I suspect in the long run both devices will perform similarly as personally I believe that the cementless devices are solving a problem that doesn't really exist.
The BHR however is the most proven device. The most important factor is surgeon skill tho pick a surgeon who has done thousands with good results
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »
Hey Mark, like Danny mentions, the BHR is a well established device that has a laudable record.

To me, that is a worthwhile thing to consider, but I would give more weight to the experience of the surgeon. The more experience that surgeon has, the better your results will be.

I have two non BHR implants and couldn't be happier, my surgeon had 800+ surgeries and was doing them often. Dr. Gross has 2200 at the last count (probably more now) and is a preeminent doctor in the field. I would give that very heavy consideration.

As to the ROM, my experience has been that my devices have not impeded me in any way, as a matter of fact, I feel like some areas are better than before. Given the basic architecture of the different implants, they are essentially similar to me in the ROM that they allow, so it really comes down to your own flexibility and how well they were placed.

Good luck with your choice, either way you'll do well.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:20:09 AM »
Very well put hern. ;) the single most important factor is the surgeon. You won't go wrong with gross, Su etc

Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:05:26 AM »
I'm from the Uk So don't understand your insurance system but if gross is available to you then you wont go wrong with him. He has an excellent reputation
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat