+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Eight weeks and I can now tie BOTH shoes!  (Read 3093 times)

GBLarry

• Second hip done Oct 10, 2012 after first in 2007.
Eight weeks and I can now tie BOTH shoes!
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
Hey everyone - Just wanted to brag that I can now lean down and tie both shoes, with just a bit of mental prep as I make the muscles stretch more than they have been used to for a long time.  Dec 10 marks week 8 of the journey toward the ski slope next month.  Am working out at the gym 3-4 times a week now and getting back to find that I did lose quite a bit of tone.  Am at about half strength for reps on nearly all the machines and movements.  But, I know it will come around.   
Just a note of encouragement to all that are struggling with rehab or considering a 'fix', IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT.  I still need a slower than I'm used to warm up time, but I start every work out with a brisk 1.5 mile walk on the treadmill and am increasing the speed and angle a little each time till I get back to 4 mph and an elevation of 4.  Hopefully that will be in another couple of weeks.
Merry Christmas to all my friends here that I don't know, but feel close to.  Thanks for all the encouragement I get from your sharing.
Larry
Green Bay, Wisconsin. USA

hernanu

Re: Eight weeks and I can now tie BOTH shoes!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
Congrats on the milestone Larry! Sounds like you're making good progress.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »
Good job!

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

OtterDriver

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »
Hello Larry -

Don't know where you live, but maybe you should reward yourself by going somewhere sunny where you don't even need shoes...for a week or so!

Congratulations!

Bruce

GBLarry

• Second hip done Oct 10, 2012 after first in 2007.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 03:00:26 PM »
I reward myself by putting on my Ugg  boots that don't need socks or to be tied.  They're for the snow that we are currently getting.
Larry
Green Bay, Wisconsin. USA

OtterDriver

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »
That's why I suggested the travel...I've been shoveling the driveway and should address the ice dams on the eaves next.  Warm spell presently @ 36 degrees +/-

phillwad

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
Oh - to be able to tie my shoes! 

I remember going for a walk during my first 6 weeks and my boot laces coming undone.  I could not tie them back up and had to wait until someone came by and I asked for help.  I was so surprised that I took a picture.  This month my recovery is in a different place and been in a number of cyclocross bike race - Recovery does get better

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat