+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Soreness akin to pre-surgery pain  (Read 6100 times)

imgetinold

Soreness akin to pre-surgery pain
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »
So,  I was back in Dayton, Ohio visiting friends, and decided to go to my old neighborhood, which was adjacent to my favorite running trail.  About 4 miles in total through the woods.

I knew that I couldn't run it all.  I typically get about 1/2 mile before it gets sore.

No, I haven't gotten the HOKA shoes just yet.

So, I made it about 3/4 to 1 mile before I got sore.  Then I run/walked for the next 3.  By the last mile, I was really sore and had to just walk.

However.....the day after I was more sore in my hip than I've been since before surgery.  It's getting better today, but still noticeable.  I guess I'm surprised about his, being 11 months out.  Anyone overdo it and get really sore this far out?  Think I did anything really wrong?
Andy - Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012......GO BOILERS!

obxpelican

• ~Welcome to SixBurgh~
Re: Soreness akin to pre-surgery pain
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »
Here is what I would do and it's what I do when I over did it in the past.

Find a couple of days when you can get off your feet for most of the days, take some ibuprophen and ice the area where it's sore.   If you do not find relief, call Lee and talk to her, explain your pain to her.

I have a friend I met through these forums who lives in Chicago, he over did it one day, he could barely walk, he took it easy and he's going like gang busters to this day.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

imgetinold

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »
Thanks, Chuck.  I guess I'm a little freaked out because this is the first time since surgery that I've had any pain that persists.  I think if it was an implant problem, it would hurt all the time.  It only hurts when I walk or go up stairs.

If it were a fracture, I think the pain would be much worse.  It actually hurt a bit when I sneezed, which makes me think it's muscles.

I did send Lee a note, though.

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 11:59:46 PM »
Not atypical, Andy. I had one setback for about a week or so about that time (10 months) with my left. Still can't decide whether it was scar tissue or what, since it infrequently hurt when I took a step and then it just stopped.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

imgetinold

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:15:03 AM »
Thanks, as always.

I thought I was done needing the help, and was on to just helping others.  Glad I'm on this team......

Recent Posts

New to resurfacing wondering about surgeons by smartinny
Yesterday at 02:20:37 AM

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear