+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sore groin  (Read 2071 times)

Ross

Sore groin
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:02:59 PM »
So everything was going really well when I went out to the garage to check on my sons train board for Christmas.  I heard his little pitter  patter feet and pivoted through my hip to see him.  Instant pain that lasted for 5 minutes pretty bad.  Then, it has not went back to pre Pivoting state. I am reluctant to call Lee Webb but my groin hurts when I go for my usual walk and it doesn't feel as strong.  In addition it made my back act up worse.  I have always had this area in my left hip since surgery that prevents me from taking my usual long stride.  I feel it tight and restricted.  I have been icing and elevating.  What do you think should I go back o the 2 crutches for awhile.  When I lay flat on the bed I can feel it pulling on my groin so Ihave to bend the knee with a pillow under it to sleep.
Cordially,
Ross

Dee Dee

Re: Sore groin
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:51:49 PM »
You may have just pulled something that was healing up.
Call!  They are great to help and good to give peace of mind.  I had a running email dialogue with Nancy their nurse after my first hip. 

I am 3 weeks out and my groin is still very tight.  I don't remember feeling that with the First hip.  I figure each hip is different (I actually have an extra small incision on my left hip)

Dee
Right HR  5-23-12  Dr. Gross
Left HR 12-5-12 Dr. Gross

hernanu

Re: Sore groin
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »
Like Dee says, Ross - you don't lose anything by calling. I called for just about anything that bugged me.

You're still early on, setbacks will happen and they are most likely short term and go away. Pulling, tightness, scar tissue etc. are things to overcome. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat