+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. James Pritchett- Seattle WA, Swedish Hospital  (Read 5816 times)

Jace_Dees

Dr. James Pritchett- Seattle WA, Swedish Hospital
« on: May 06, 2008, 03:05:24 PM »
It has been 3 weeks today from my BHR resurface.  The experience has been excellent!!.. from the office visit, surgery, Hospital stay, and recovery thus far.  I was walking without cruches the day after the operation.  Granted just a few hundred feet, but able to go up and down the halls without aid.  Pain was minimal.  I used cruches for a week just to be safe going for my daily walks...  I was out of the hospital the second day after the proceedure.  I am a coach for my son's base ball team so I was able to be back at the games the just 8 days after surgery.  Got cleared by my doc 10 days after surgery to get back into action based on what pain I could endure.  So, hitting balls to the kids and throwing pitches the end of week two.  I only have minor muscle pain from over stressing my quads, but besides that... OK....  My hip mobility is coming back and feeling pretty good.  I have scheduled my second hip to be done in September.  So I can enjoy my summer.  If you are in the Seattle area... Dr. Pritchett is the man.... he has done 1000+ BHR resurfaces and is a rock star in my book.... 

One thing I did prior to my surgery was work out my legs on the stair stepper and eliptical trainer hard... I think this help a lot in my recovery.  I start PT today... so I have high hopes..... 

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr. James Pritchett- Seattle WA, Swedish Hospital
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:05:06 PM »
Hi

Glad to hear you are doing well.  If you post a few more updates, I will post your story on the main website.

What is your name- at least your first name.  What was your exact date of surgery and which hip?

Good luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Barbara

Re: Dr. James Pritchett- Seattle WA, Swedish Hospital
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »
I have to agree and highly recommend Dr Pritchett. He is an excellent surgeon. I am 4 1/2 weeks post op with my right hip and am scheduled to have my Left hip resurfaced on Dec 8th. PT and recovery is going well though I must say the first couple of weeks were tough due to anemia. I have had very little pain since my surgery and am amazed at the range of motion I have had in my hip since immediately after surgery. I agree that the whole experience has been excellent. I am not near as afraid to have the next surgery as I was prior to this one.
Another added bonus is that I had my surgery in the Swedish Orthopedic Institute a brand new facility that opened on June 19th this year. All the rooms are private and the staff are excellent. I have to admit there is some bias here, I am a staff RN at Swedish!  I did my homework before going to see Dr Pritchett and have been very impressed. I would advise anyone in the Seattle area who need resurfacing to go to see Dr Pritchett.
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat