+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: MrMcMinn - length of operating time  (Read 1688 times)

happyhopper

MrMcMinn - length of operating time
« on: January 18, 2013, 05:06:17 PM »
Hi
Just wondered if anyone who has had a HR op with Mr McMinn can advise me how long the operation took?
Thanks.

lycraman

Re: MrMcMinn - length of operating time
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:30:10 PM »
Hi Happyhopper

I didn't have Mr McMinn but his colleague Mr Treacy.  The op is 30 to 40 minutes, assuming all goes well.  Immediate post op recovery is great.
Left Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
11th September 2012
Mr Ronan Treacy 54mm head 60mm cup

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:13:40 AM »
I don't know how long McMinn takes. There's too many variables just be assured with him your in the hands of one of the best there is!
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Nemesis

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:46:03 AM »
It doesn't matter as long as you have a good surgeon. To you it will appear to be less than 5 minutes.

lycraman

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »
It doesn't matter as long as you have a good surgeon. To you it will appear to be less than 5 minutes.

That is so true!! Nice one.
Left Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
11th September 2012
Mr Ronan Treacy 54mm head 60mm cup

Tin Soldier

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
I think it will seem shortest if you go with the general and just a touch longer if you go with the spinal block, where there may be a little more warenss of the organizing going on at the start before you really fall asleep.  I didn't have McMinn, but from what I understand, the standard straightforward HR surgery is generally less than an hour. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

einreb

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »
I think it will seem shortest if you go with the general and just a touch longer if you go with the spinal block, where there may be a little more warenss of the organizing going on at the start before you really fall asleep.  I didn't have McMinn, but from what I understand, the standard straightforward HR surgery is generally less than an hour.

I have a faint memory of going under after getting the spinal and then immediately feeling like I woke right up and was done.  My surgery was difficult and added an extra hour to Dr Gross' normal time.  Just like bragging about the scar length (mine's 3.5 inches!)... I don't necessarily think that surgery time is a particular indicator of success. 

An experienced surgeon using the right amount of time that they feel is necessary... that's the way to go!

-B
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:26:21 PM by einreb »
40yo at the time of my 2/16/2011 left hip uncemented Biomet resurface with Tri Spike Acetabular cup by Gross

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat