+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Gross does not take medicare patients  (Read 6155 times)

tennispro47

Dr. Gross does not take medicare patients
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »
I was one of Dr. Gross' clinical trials patients. I had a Cormet device implanted in 2004. My acetabular component came loose and failed. I returned for follow up as he requested despite the fact it involved traveling from a long distance. When I experienced severe leg pain (loose cup) I got no help from them. No sincere effort to determine what was going on. I had the cormet device removed Jan 30. Loosening of cup confirmed by revising orthopedic surgeon. I was very disappointed with Dr. Gross and his office at the end.

hernanu

Re: Dr. Gross does not take medicare patients
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:52:30 PM »
Sorry you went through this. How is it that medicare played into this?

What were you revised to? Was there a possibility of replacing the cup only? It's unusual to hear of his office being unresponsive, but each of us has different experiences (I'm not a Dr. Gross patient).

How is the revision - hope you are feeling better.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:53:49 PM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

mountaingoat

Re: Dr. Gross does not take medicare patients
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »
Tennispro, I sent you a personal message re your symptoms and Dr. Gross' office responsiveness as I am having some related problems. Thanks and sorry to hear about your revision. Big bummer:-(

On the upside, I was staying at my Dad's place in Florida last week and there were 3 tennis players with full THRs who were all back on the court in less than 6 months. I kind of couldn't believe it!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat